Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC PROGRAMMER SEACH FOR JOB

thanhsonnguyen

Say what you want, doesn't really matter to me. This is just one of many who do this. You guys go ahead and help him all ya can. You'll see more cracked MC running in all these little crap shops and nothing done about it just like the guys overseas who are taking away our work using cracked software. It might not affect you directly yet, but it will soon enough........

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When working 1099, you technically are not an employee. You are a contractor. If you are currently drawing unemployment, you need to declare that you are working 1099. They may or may not alter your unemployment benefit.

Jimmy, a few things:

i dont know if this guy is using cracked software or not and its not my place to police it.

You may not agree and I am not advocating cracked software, however, if used for education it will result in future sales for cnc software.

Dave,

Been out here 30 yrs watchin the Viets, from down south in Garden Grove to up here in the Bay Area. When you walk into a shop full of Viets with a Viet Owner and the whole shop is running on cracked Windoze and cracked MC it tends to xxxx ya off after seeing it so many times. Now for all the shops that buy one seat and have 6 more is that OK ? Bunch of thieves don't get my sympathy.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Not many schools have HMC's. They are VERY expensive. I'm not saying they are not out there to be learned on, but most likely you will learn at a shop somewhere if at all.

it hard, own lets you try on that machine because expensive, basic to do toolpath hmc ,make toolpath firt and fater that transform all toolpath to rotate 90?, and need post horizontal machine? or wcs plane? how offer set onmachine set x,y,z at center part?, i'm have some programmer on v9 they use wcs makes 4 axis, so that correc or transform rite

quote:

If you understand and can read g-code, then you can move from one machine to another very quick. Sure, each machine has certain codes that others may not and certainly the controls will be different, but an experienced person can adapt very quickly.

If you and read and understand G code, then yes,one can move from one machine to another RELATIVELY quickly. I wouldn't say very (of course, that is my opinion). I've seen a lot of people struggle between an Okuma and a Fanuc in our plant.

To claim EXPERIENCE in all those machines, when none of them (aside from one or two brands) are listed in past experience, would make me question that.

If it could be assumed that one can claim experience any general machine when only having practical experience programming and setting up one or two brands, then everyone may as well list every machine/control brand available.

A while ago we had a large number of applications for a programming position in our plant (from all over the world). We had a large number of those applications with exactly the same content as above. Claiming the ability to set up and programme a large number of machine tool brands and controls, but the practical experience of the applicants, turned out to be far less.

We interviewed several of them with the supposed capability to set up and programme a wide range of brands, but in reality they had never touched any of the claimed brands, and their only exposure to the code for these other brands was via the code posted from the Post Processors supplied from Mastercam. Needless to say, they didn't get any further in the application process.

And this isn't targeting one nationality. We had applicants from the US, Australia, Asia, and various European nations. And the nationalities were varied as to who made those claims.

Our criteria nowadays, is that any programmers need to have physical experience with the machines/controls that need to be programmed, as well as Mastercam experience. Its always hard to find someone with experience with all the machines we have (we have some quite varied machines), but experience with a decent number of them is important.