Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

quadro fx 570

Roger Peterson

I have a customer who is having issues with this card. When running at full hardware acceleration you get random "pauses" for 15 seconds to up to a minute where everything just stops. If you turn down the hardware acceleration enough the pauses go away but it becomes unuseably slow.

This is with the latest drivers downloaded yesterday, I tried running mastercam having it set to solidworks, and to base profile turning off the unified back depth buffer all with the same (bad) results.

Can anyone who is running this card "successfully" tell me what driver version they are running and what their 3d settings are set to?

thank you,

Roger,

I have a fx570 and I'm running the following version of driver: 6.14.11.9166

I do not experience any problems.

If you could be more specific with what settings you are interested in, I'd be glad to relay them to you.

I also have the FX570 with driver version 6.14.11.9166... Never experience any "pauses", but often that it's freezing for some seconds, often under situations, where I wouldn't expect it..

As far as I remember there were someone with troubles with that card some time ago on the forum here...

Roger, I just picked up an FX570 used from ebay for $60. I just installed it this evening and set it up with driver 6.14.11.8246 (182.46 WHQL) that I downloaded from the solidworks web site. Nvidia site has the same driver and a newer one which I have not tried. I didn't change any settings except for setting it to clone mode. It is driving my monitor and projector just fine. I tested for only 15 minutes in Mastercam and in Solidworks with Mastercam for Solidworks installed. It seemed to be running fine. I have classes all week so I will let you know how it goes. Edit: BTW using Windows XP Pro SP3 on this particular box.

Sorry Roger. I'm not sure where to find all of the information you've asked for.

I did find the driver date, I just downloaded the newest one a few months ago. It is 10/30/2009.

The global settings in the NVidea Control panel is set to 3D App - Default Global Settings.

Hope that helps. If you can give me more detail as to where to look, I'll try to help more.

Feeling like a rookie right now. frown.gif

HTH