Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What good is this toolpath??

cobra95kev

I use dynamic facing on a regular basis because it can remove a huge amount of material quickly without overloading the tool (much like dynamic milling). If I am removing .050" from a work piece it will mill it with a face mill. If I am removing 1" I will use dynamic facing in one pass (with an end mill) to .01" then use a face mill. The scallops are a real PITA and I hope they resolve that soon.

quote:

I gave up on using the facemill definition a long time ago because I couldn't get it to do a 90 deg facemill with a corner radius which it still looks like it will not do.

Yep...still true. This facemill bug has been in Mastercam for 8+ years at least . We have stairs, doors, and art now but still cannot define a 90 deg. facemill. The trick to workaround this is either use bullnose, or define the facemill as a 89 degs. with a slight difference in upper and lower dia.