Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Beginner help please.

john389

Hello everyone, sorry for this beginner question.

i am trying to draw a simple component as part of a tutorial. the problem is i have two vertical parallel lines and i am drawing a line through them ay -20 deg which goeas just past the second lone. i then want to draw a line at this intersection to the origin point as the tutorials request but my cursor will not snap on the first intersection. i have followed the tutorial video to the letter. i am using mcx4 lathe l1. Any help would be much appreciated. banghead.gif

thanks for the reply Todd, yes i have done this and it is all enabled. This is very strange the cursor changes and snaps on other intersections but not on this one where my angled line intersects a vertical line.http://blog.inhousesolutions.com/2009/04/free-video-training-lathe-tutorial.html. this is a link to the vid i am using. what i am trying to do is very simple. maybe i have changed asetting some where in the software.

Hi hardmill, Not sure what that actually means. all i have done is follow the tutorial video. it works on the video but not for me. Maybe i have turned something on/off by accident. The cursor settings seem ok. it changes and snaps on everything else. Thanks for your help.

quote:

Hi hardmill, Not sure what that actually means.

Just out of curiousity, window select all entities,

top of screen "xform - project - enter"

If thats not it you may have a graphic issue, again

top of screen look for the screen regen button.

SCRNREG.jpg

PEACE biggrin.gif

Something to try.

Go into the autocurser menue and click on the exclamation point icon (config). Turn on power keys. This is a hot key override that speeds up selection. Also make sure intersection is checked. Now when selecting lines rather then wait for the SLOW autocurser to find a midpoint, endpoint, intersect, arc center, ect use the first letter of what your trying to find. Type I (for interesection and it only finds intersetions..nothing else.) It's a good idea to get used to this, it's both faster and more accurate. You can hit M and select a line anywhere and it quickly finds midpoint only.