Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Tool File

ruger2

After creating a MC9 file in X and y +....to the exact dimensions of the tool geometry I need the tool to be....I save it in the tools folder. I then call up the MC9 file I am working with and select toolpaths....contour and select the toolpath I want. When I right click in the white area of tool parameters I select create new tool. I select tool type undefined. I enter .0625 for the diameter and 6.0 for the tip angle. I believe I am to select custom file at the bottom of that same page. It then takes me to the tools folder and asks me to name the file to be saved....when I do that I get an error message that says "Problems with custom tool file or data." Is this the correct procedure and why the error message.

Thanks,

Ruger2

And they must be only lines and arcs

....NO splines

....NO duplicates

....NO overlapping entities

Hint

----make sure you can change the color by chaining

A centreline is not necessary

If just starting out, put your custom tool profile on one level and then select that level instead of a file until more familiar with the technique

This is good practice if moving the MCX file to different PC's