Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Lathe

robh

the war dept here is balking @ maintenance, due tommorrow..think there is much point in hoping the lathe product will get much attention? I know "don't hold my breath"..would hate to miss out on any new mill features either but hard trying to convince someone who doesn't use any of it..any pro/con arguments to help my case appreciated.

quote:

hard trying to convince someone who doesn't use any of it..any pro/con arguments to help my case appreciated.

Lie. Fight idiocy with deceit. What they don't know can't hurt them. My morals go out the window when management tries making stupid calls like that. mad.gif

Guest SAIPEM

As a practical matter and based on previous experience, don't expect anything in X5 lathe worthy of justifying the maintenance cost.

It's obvious that the overwhelming amount of resources go to developing the Mill product.

We have lathe and wire bundled with mill so we have to update all three products. Really don't think this fair. I was quoted a crazy amount to debundle so I could pay maintenance for mill only. When I bundled it was in version 8 and there was no such thing as maintenance. How could I have known. That's how they get you.

John

quote:

As a practical matter and based on previous experience, don't expect anything in X5 lathe worthy of justifying the maintenance cost.

Agreed 100%. Other than the "X style" GUI, 99% of what is in lathe was in V8. The only thing I can think of is in X2 they finally got the VTL machine def correct. Oh...some grooving enhancements came along. Boring bars are also now round. Thats about it.

just got back from a 4 day break, hope everyone had a good one..looks as if they let it lapse as there is a "0 days left.." message on Mcam when booting up. Oh well, times are tough I guess,will try some of the suggestions above tho'

• 5 months later...

Looks like they made the right call.

John

s, I

John, given the amount of bashing you've done of Mastercam and In-House Solutions on other forums .. (yes, I post on cnc-zone as well). I'm wondering what you hope to accomplish by posting non-stop negativity on a forum we provide?

So far I haven't seen anything constructive posted from you, but I'd like to be proven wrong.