Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine view

malo

quote:

another "helpful" post

John,

It is helpful since it's a waste of time to use simulation that is not very accurate.

If you think the people making this type of software are not banking on the "woo" factor to get sales you are kidding your self.

In Esprit, I use the tool and that's all. The skin of the machine does ZERO good.

If someone needs to see if the tool will hit the machine casting or skin, then they have much bigger problems.

Accurate simulation, then it is very worth doing.

Now, is that helpful, maybe not to you but maybe others.

quote:

If someone needs to see if the tool will hit the machine casting or skin, then they have much bigger problems.

Accurate simulation, then it is very worth doing.

Set up correctly IT IS accurate.

I understand you're frustrated but this IS a help forum still.

quote:

I understand your frustrated but this IS a help forum still.

headscratch.gif

I'm not at all frustrated and my comments are to be helpful. If you re-read my post I stated without exactly accurate models of the fixtures it's a waste, or dog and pony show I think was my exact words.

The biggest gain in machine simulation I've found is for complex tool movements on multi-axis machines. Many times one will find their program runs out of travel due to head/trunnion rotation. Having those limits in the simulation really helps. One example is a large impeller that barely fits on a smallish machine.

Along those lines, seeing how much axis "thrashing" there is before it hits the floor is a bonus. On older machines, those "cool" looking axis rotations everyone posts on youtube can really make for long run times and excessive machine wear.

--

Bill

quote:

Dave, I have problems not with tool/machine, but with part/machine - Well... OK, tool/machine too. biggrin.gif

Most of my work is one of two types of work:

4 axis, stuffing 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb machine

or

5 axis, stuffing 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb machine.

In both instances, I have machine features that can easily go bump if not watched. Tool verification is just not sufficient, even in a low end machine sim.

Many times, I've modeled in spindle nose, pallet, trunnion, etc to make sure there are no collisions. Tool verification just will not do it.

quote:

Many times, I've modeled in spindle nose, pallet, trunnion, etc to make sure there are no collisions. Tool verification just will not do it.

Yes, those are important components Robert. But the sheet metal? NOT. biggrin.gif

Esprit has all that stuff and I have turned it off for now until I can spend the time to get my exact chucks, tool blocks and tools modeled and into the Esprit system.

For now, I use Solidworks model layouts and it's just faster at this time for me.

Hi Zoober

thank you for your reply

I start 4-5 axis machining and i want see machine table movement but in mastercam i can see only work piece and tool movement so i need a machine body that help me for get better understanding of axis movement.

I also i try to work with Vericut software but i have a problem with zero work piece on five axis machine(G54) in Vericut.

http://www.cgtech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1672

please help me for have a machine body in mastercam or help me for zero work piece on vericut software?

What do you do for see your verification on five axis ?

Malo, I mean no offense, but it seems as though you could use some Vericut training. There are ways to move your driven point, G54 zero, and other coordinate zeroes.

In your Vericut help, there are training sessions. One you may want to look into is Session 7, Create coordinate systems.

Here is the beginning:

quote:

A Coordinate System (CSYS) in VERICUT represents a point in space and an orientation

represented by the 3 axes. It can be created in relation to any machine component but is

usually defined relative to the Stock component. It can be referenced to represent the

origin of an NC Program, as a reference origin for X-Caliper measurements and also can

be used to create a transition to move models. We will see the multiple applications of the

CSYS in the subsequent training sessions. This session will concentrate on the creation of

the CSYS.

I think that this will explain the CSYS much better than I can...

Also, from your post in the Vericut forum, you indicate different machine configurations. It is very important that you have an EXACT machine as you have on the floor. That is the ONLY way you can be sure that you are verifying to your machine configuration.

Again, the help has a whole section dedicated to machines and controls. Very helpful.

IMHO, I found the post teling me not to waste my computing resources and the one with the tool/machine, part/machine, part/tool problems X1000 more "helpful" than someone telling me that my reseller will set-me-up...!!!

If I don't have some'm "hepful" to share, I shut-up...!!!

I'm just sayin'...!!!

UCLA '85

The Square '11.....#1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I don't have some'm "hepful" to share, I shut-up...!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coulda fooled me....

I wondered how long that would take.