Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ops Manager Question

Is there a way to change this default?

(have the cutter description in 1st line)

OPSMAN.jpg

1-Surface High speed(Core roughing)- surface high speed (the default comment being-"surface high speed")

to

1-Surface High speed(Core roughing)- 1.000 ENDMILL1 FLAT

I type in 1" index, but 1.000 ENDMILL1 FLAT, will do.

When you minimise the toolpaths you cant read the tool size unless you type it in the comments.

But if it were in the 1st line, no typing or room for error especially when coping path and picking a new tool size.

Cheers

Rick

Rick,

Can't help you with your question but O/T...

Your screen shot shows as white squares around your ops.

Is it always like this with your pc?

On our pc's when they turned white (which was usually after copying a lot of operations), mcam would usually freeze in X2/X4MU1.

Now we have X4MU3 it's a lot better, but when it does this we save and quit out/back in just to be safe?

Cheers

quote:

1.000 ENDMILL1 FLAT

This is based on tool type info ... not sure how to get rid of it ... frown.gif

quote:

1 INCH FLAT ENDMILL

This comes from your tool definition page under "parameters" ==> Tool Name ... this can be edit by you biggrin.gif

quote:

1" INDEX

This comes from your "Toolpath" dialog box under "Comments" ... this too, can be edited by you biggrin.gif

I hope this is what you are looking for ... cheers.gif

BTW

quote:

Your screen shot shows as white squares around your ops.

When I turned background to grey, I don't get the white boxes either ... I usually have it very light yellow ...

Code, repeating what I already post is the best

help on this forum to date rolleyes.gif :smack: make that a :cane smack: wink.gif

You see the operation #1?

Thats where I typed in the comment '1" index.'

YOu see whe it says:

#1 1.000 ENDMILL1 FLAT - 1 INCH FLAT ENDMILL?

(I dont need that repeated to know its a 1" em)

i want to know if I can have the (1 INCH FLAT ENDMILL) automatically go where the 'Comment' is.

automatically so I dont have to type in the description of the tool for reference when its minimized! wink.gif

I would like to switch the 2 around so I can see the opt #, the Tool#, and the (auto) description on the 1st line and the description on the 2nd line.

That way I dont have to expand each tool to see

WTF is in there as well as type in the tool descrption in the comment.

know what I mean? biggrin.gifcheers.gif

Rick

Rick , right click in the OP manager ,and go to Display option

now you can add/remove some unnecessary info

but a doubt that you can set your tool name automatically in the comment

BTW op manager always gives me weird thing, sometimes i need to click the solid tab to unfreeze the toolpath tab.... banghead.gif

or when i click the X to close op manager mastercam prompt me if i want to quit.... banghead.gifbanghead.gif

If you have more than 1 toolpath green checked and you try to drag them to another location it will make the white background behind the icons.

It will stick like that on all the files you open until you close mcam and restart.

You will only notice this if your background is not white.

It's been like that since they added the option to change background color in op manager.

Here is a tip for anyone Copying and Pasting operations: Do not use the Right-Click Copy/Right-Click Paste method. Instead, select the ops you want to copy (with Ctrl or Shift), then Right-Click and HOLD DOWN the right mouse button. Continue holding, do not let go. Now with the right mouse button held down, drag your mouse to another operation or group name. You'll notice that you are dragging an icon that looks like two folders. Now when you are hovering over a new operation or group (you'll see it turn blue as you 'select' it) let go of the right mouse button. A little menu will pop up with these handy options: Copy before, Copy after, Move before, Move after, CANCEL.

This method of copying operations gives you so much more flexibility. You get to move or copy, and you get the choice of before or after the operation. In addition, my favorite part is the Cancel button. I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed the wrong op, or selected multiple and started to put it in the wrong spot. That Cancel button is awesome.

HTH,

quote:

It will stick like that on all the files you open until you close mcam and restart.

BTW

Exact same scenario for rest waterline.

If you get a 0.3k size toolpath, Usually, this

remedies it, especially when you've copied a tool

path that work fine and ends up 0.3k after reselect

and regen.

PITA, but at least it fixes it most of the time.

Colin, that is the only method I use and it does not solve the 'so called' problem. wink.gif