Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi-purpose tool feed rate

BrandonH

I have a tool that I use for engraving, chamfering, countersinking, and spot drilling. 100ipm for contouring, 25 ipm for csink/spoting. Right now I do this with duplicate tools in the library. My question is... Is it possible to have different feed rates for different operations using the same tool? I tried using 100ipm fr. and 25ipm plunge rate, but it always uses feed rate. No matter what "type" of tool I use. headscratch.gif Any Ideas??

Yes there is way I suppose.

Create total 4 copies of the same tool with same T no.

In tool description you can brief them to be a Spot, Csk, Engrave or Chf indipendently and assign the S, F there.

Now,keep picking the respective tool when toolpathing.

Force tool change in parameter page is one way.

While you post,just accept the prompt, "different tool with same tool no"

Your post cane be made understand this situation if you want to.

You've got multiple options here to get what you want. You could create an Operation Library that has operations created with the defaults you desire, then just import the operation and assign geometry.

Also, when you create a new operation and pick a tool, you can just type in a new Feedrate or Spindle Speed, and it will stick in the operation. I routinely use the same tool across many different operation types, and have different values for each operation.

quote:

Can't you just type in the feedrate for each op. on the tool page?

Yes, that would work, but all my operations are imported from a library. I don't have to enter any values right now.

quote:

You could create an Operation Library that has operations created with the defaults you desire, then just import the operation and assign geometry.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. banghead.gif My blinders are off now. bonk.gif