Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Making a dual monitor setup stick.

MotorCityMinion

Did a quick search and saw nothing on this although I do remember it being discussed in the past. Can MC be forced to open on either the right or the left monitor? Currently, I have to drag a resized window to the right monitor to get it there and it doesn't want to stick there at the next fresh open session.

Added a question.

Can the back plot control box be forced to open in in a expanded mode, every time?

It is an Nvidea thing.

You have to first activate it through the control panel. It is not the same as the control panel.

I can't remember where in the desktop manager. I do remember that you have to add the program and then edit its properties.

If you can't figure it out, ill be in the office again tomorrow and let you know.

You can also set Hotkeys in the Nvidia Desktop Manager to make apps jump from one screen to another.

I started using

CTRL` for Left screen

and

CRTL 1 for Right screen because

I can hit both keys with my left hand

and neither of them interfered with V9 hotkeys.

5 years later I still use the same ones in X4

quote:

You could pickup the left monitor and move it over to the right.

I've seen someone switch the dp cables and they could't figure out why the monitors didn't switch. LOL

The nview utility works pretty good, you just have to try out the settings until you get what you want.

I just force apps to one monitor or the other in nview if needed. Some apps "remember" where to go some don't.

In my case:

Mc opens on the right by default. It "remembers" to open the ops and levels mgrs on the left as I placed them.

I only had to force Cimco and SW to the left monitor in nview.

It's so nice to open/close the ops and levels mgrs with the SpacePilot Pro buttons without having to move my hand to the keyboard for the power keys, and they just "know" where to go.

So sweet. wink.gif