Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another heat shrink question

J Coulston

Bilz ISG2200-WK

Has anyone used this system? I visited a shop that were running them, very fast, integral coolant tank which was nice. When the tool was finished being inserted the holder lowers into the cabinet and is showered with coolant for cool down rises when finished. Down side a little price no back side stop rod. Any opinions on a good quality heating system for 9 to 12k?

TIA

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have a customer with this system. They swear by it and most importantly don't swear AT it. biggrin.gif Downside is you have to use their holders I believe.

quote:

Downside is you have to use their holders I believe.

That's what they tell you, their holders are made from 'special' material.

Haimer also tell you that you get the best result with haimer holders in their Shrinker.

We use our IGS2200 all day with holders from Haimer, Diebold and Kennametal without any problem.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

May of the toolholder mfrs use different materials so if their heat unit is set up for their material you may be overheating someone elses holders which can produce catastrofic failure over time.

Not saying it's a certainty, but the it is definitely within the realm of possibility.