Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Better metric tool libraries

Mastercam metric tool libraries have had quite poor feed & speed values. The only good one is the Steel-mm.tools. Of course, no libary provided can has the values as you would like them to be.

If you want to generate libraries that could suite you much better, just click on this link

http://mastercam.ilmatar.net/tool_lib/index.php

If you find it useful, you could consider making a donation. We could get the guy write some other useful application, if he finds that he can get something for his work.

That link won't open for me, it goes to OpenDNS.

All of the libraries' speed and feed values are crap.

With the exception of the drill library which is "ok".

Throughout the years I have all my tooling set with their own speeds and feeds and whenever I use a new style of tool, I just add it to the library.

But for new people that are just starting mastercam they need to adjust everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Tool Libraries are designed to be modified for your specific needs. It would be impossible to design one for all applications. I have 5 different Tool Libraries that are set up for different material types. I also have machine specific Tool Libraries that are customized to take advantage of higher spindle speeds. cheers.gif