Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe question

Jlimus

Oh just do it and it is done.

Seriously before you go off mad, the more information the better we can help you out.

Look at C axis toolpaths they are very slick and do a lot of work for the Mastercam programmer in the background. Again screen shots, machine type, the Version and level of the product you have to d othe job will all be of great help.

BTW Welcome to the Forum. Loosen up its Friday. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Dave many times people come in here asking for help and when it does not magically appear they get upset. I was making my reply before he replied back so it was pre-reply before the machine spec. Notice however I did contribute to the thread and not come with nothing like so many others seem to do in threads. Not calling you out or anything. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Jlimus,

Do you have a "Y" axis machine?

Are the flats running all the way down the part as in starting at "Z" zero and going beyond the end of the part?

If so simply program a "C" angle call out and feed along the "Z" axis.

More info is needed to be of much help.

Welcome.

Dave and Ron....Loosen up it's Friday..... biggrin.gifcheers.gif

Ron,

Here is his first post:

quote:

My first question here.

How do I machine 4 flats on a cylinder in a multi axis lathe with the tool that is perpendicular to the z axis.

Your help is really appreciated.

You reply and add:

quote:

Loosen up its Friday

I add headscratch.gif coz I have no idea whatsoever why you think this guy needs to "loosen up"

Yes, I feel all warm inside - thanks for asking cheers.gif