Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how about a "back" button?

Bucky Cornstarch

Would it be too much to ask of Mastercam for a "back" button? I get so tired of having to exit a function and start over whenever I mis-select something.

My CAD software has this function (I set my right mouse button to be the "back" command) and it is SO useful.

One more thing: give us back the chain manager for things like delete, xform, etc.

/rant mad.gif

Jim,

First problem - did you know you can simply click on a line, arc, spline or surface a second time to de-select it?

Second problem - I would like the full chain manager in those situations too... but did you know there is a "cut down" chain manager available on the General Selection ribbon bar (the one with the All and Only buttons)? Just past the Window Select menu (which usually is set to "In"), there is a drop down menu with Chain, Window, Polygon, Single, Area & Vector.

Now to do a quick chain for Xform/Delete, you can choose Chain first from that menu, or press the Shift key on your keyboard while you click on the first entity. Still not as good as the full chain manager but it helps. Of course you may know all this already!

For your "Back button," you could try the Interupt Mode icon. It will suspend the current task to allow you to do stuff like you mention. Also, for some tasks, pressing Esc once will back you up without exiting you from the task.

For the chain manager, download AI Utility and there's an icon for you to bring up the chain manager any time you want. I use it at least 20 times a day. I can't believe it hasn't been incorporated into MC yet. Thank God for Takashi Sato!

Thad

Thanks for the responses.

As far as the "cut down" chain manager goes, that's precisely the problem: it is too cut down. I use partial chains almost exclusively, and that option is unavailable. The shift key also doesn't help for partial chains or when trying to select parts of 3d geometry.

I'll have to look up AI Utility again, thanks for the reminder. I also just put the interrupt mode icon on my screen; Ill give that a try as well.