Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hard Code Manual Entry

Is it at all possible to hard code the text box in Manual Entry to have the same text appear ALWAYS when you select it?

Basically we have a machine, vertical mill, with a spinny pallet changer that does BHC's all day long. No, we dont need a post to do BHC's on a HAAS...but still.

Anyways, want to Manual Entry to read (example)

("code" checked off by default?)

Mxxx P1

M99

I dont remember the exact code, but its actually about 5 lines long and is tedious to type. Would like to just hit Manual Entry, OK. Done.

Any thots?

Manual entry has an option for "Use text file" which would allow you to specify a text file out on your system that it would read and use for the manual entry text.

Another option is to use canned text and just configure a specific post call for this code that gets called anytime the canned text option is added.

Using the canned text method requires post mods while the manual entry does not.

hope this helps.

You can hard code info into the pcomment area.

We did to allow the table to go to X0 and home in the Y (as we only use manual entry to add clamps or flip a part over).

pcomment$ #Comment from manual entry [must call pcomment2]

if gcode$ = 1005, pcomment2

else,

[

if gcode$ = 1006,

[

if g28commsw = 1,

[

pbld, "X0.", e$ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

pbld, "G28", pfyout, e$ <<<<<<<<<<<<

g28commsw = 0

]

scomm$, e$

]

if gcode$ = 1008, surcomment = scomm$

if [Comsw = 1], pcomment3

]

HTH

Thanks for all the thots!

Jim, the file is the way we are doing it now, but I prefer to work smart so I can be lazy. Get it the way I want once, there forever since that is the only thing we have ever used Manual Entry for for that specific machine.

Maestro, WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?!?!?! I was just editing the defaults file the other day and it didnt even don (sp?) on me...That is exactly what I needed.

Thanks Newb for the thot. I have no problem running extra stuff in my post (this post currently has 5 seperate machine definitions tied to it so you can imagine what I have had to do to the post to get it to all work...). But in this instance the easy is teh win! smile.gif

Tks all!