Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PCMCIA card reading error

spade117

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

PCMCIA cards do "wear out". I've not worn one out yet, but I do know they have a finite number of reade/write cycles.

If this is a new card, my guess is that the capacity/speed of card is not compatable with the control. On new machines oin FACNUC controls, 1-2 GB is about the highest capacity you can use. I have some 128MB cards because of this. Online is the only place I've been able to find small capacity CF Cards.

HTH

+1 on the bent pins. CF cards have a LOT of tiny pins, and these do wear out. I've had a lot of issues with crappy USB card readers going long before the cards themselves. If you can read and format the card on a PC, and verify that you have files there, it's probably on the other end.

quote:

Do you have another CF Adapter you can try?

How old is the card? Can you read it on a PC?

Yes, multiple adapters, multiple compact flash cards etc. They work on the other machines and on the pc's.

We have 2 of these machines...I pulled the card reader from each and am in the middle of switching them to confirm that it's the reader.

We have the same issue where I work. 3 HMC Moris 3 256 cards, and 3 different readers... Sometimes they work like a charm, other times we have to switch readers.. sometimes we end up plugging and unplugging the devices for 20+ minutes to get it to read. If all else fails, machine restart.. banghead.gif You never know whats going to happen. We used to use palm V.. took too long.. I honestly don't know what is quicker nowadays, but I am glad I don't have to put the programs on the machines personally!!! biggrin.gif