Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Our new Mori Lathe!!

kccadcam

+ 1000 for In-House.

Go to your Reseller and insist on an In-House post and you won't be disappointed.

One of the things you need to do up-front is get a list of all the different G and M codes and features you want supported. Machines come in all kinds of configurations, and there are all kinds of options you can get.

I've written quite a few post processors now. One of the biggest challenges I face when writing any post is getting all the different pieces of the puzzle. I'll do my best with what I'm given up front, then there is this endless game of tweaks because I didn't know about everything up front.

Often there are mechanisms built into the first section of the Post that allow you to enable/disable functions. Things like Home Position / Retract behavior at Tool change / Tool Table Output / Feed mode for Tapping / Rotary Lock and Unlock codes...

The list goes on and on. Also for specialized functionality (especially with 5 axis post), a post writer can setup the Miscellaneous Integers to give you the ability to control the Post's code output.

What I'm getting at here is that often I'll get a request to change the way the NC code is being generated, because a user says they have a "Post" problem. The reality though is that they just aren't using the functionality that is built into the Mastercam/Post interface. They have forgotten to set a Misc. Integer, or they didn't set the Work Offset in the Planes, or something...

Not to say they don't find real problems, because often they do, so I fix them. Then everything is fine until the next issue is discovered.

I'm just trying to give you some insight into the best way to go about getting a post (least painful for sure).

• 6 months later...

We are looking at going fullblown on the capto system...

Throw out the opinions good and bad...

We do a lot of prototyping,, quick changeover is crucial..

We also run one or two high volume jobs in between.. (4000+ run)

Something like this???

In-House should be your first choice when looking at a post for this machine. They have this new guy I know and that is very good at posts. I am not going to let be known what I know, but lets just say you call in-house for a post for that machine and you will not be disappointed!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bet he can write post blindfolded and barefoot....