Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simple part vs complex posting

LYLY

This program is manually edited to run very simple parts, which is 13 cuts,4 cuts for end-mill, and drill 9 holes.

My question is can I use MasterCam to program one part,then use a CUSTOMIZED POST to have 16 parts are setup on a 4 face tombstone,4 parts each side, and the program may use G52 coor. shift for part origine,or incrementally G54 P1...G54 P2...G54 P48.... for part origine.?

Thank you.

If 'YES'

END YES.

If 'NO1'

If 'NO2'

CADCAM TECNOLOGIES> END NO

%

O1234(ONE-PART-vs-MULTIPLE-PARTS)

(T1)(1/2-END-MILL-.700-LONG )

(T2)(1/8-DRILL-5/8-LONG )

N1 G0 G91 G28 Z0 G80 G40

M1

T1 M6 (1/2-END-MILL-.700-LONG)

G90 G54 B0.

X.6 Y3.9 S10000 M3

G43 H1 Z.1 M8 T2

M98 P1(TOP-FACE-AND-OUTSIDE)

G90 G0 Z10.

G90 G55 B90.

X-.3746 Y1.6291

M98 P2(RADIUS-RIGHT-SIDE)

G90 G0 Z10.

G90 G56 B270.

X.3746 Y1.6291

M98 P3(RADIUS-LEFT-SIDE)

N2 G0 G91 G28 Z0 G80 G40

M1

T2 M6 (1/8-DRILL-5/8-LONG)

G90 G54 B270.

X-.3125 Y1. S10000 M3

G43 H2 Z.1 M8 T1

M98 P4(DRILL-LEFT-SIDE)

G90 G0 Z10.

G90 G54 B0.

M98 P5(DRILL-FRONT-SIDE)

G90 G0 Z10.

G90 G55 B90.

M98 P6(DRILL-RIGHT-SIDE)

N99 G0 G91 G28 Z0 G80 G40

G28 X0 Y0

M30

O1(TOP-CUT)

(1/2-END-MILL-.700-LONG)

X.6 Y3.9

Z.1

G1 Z0. F80.

Y3.5

Y.15

X.15

Y3.5

Y3.9

G0 Z.1

(OUTSIDE)

X1. Y3.9

G1 Z-.63 F150.

Y3.5

Y0.

G2 X.75 Y-.25 I-.25 J0.

G1 X0.

G2 X-.25 Y0. I0. J.25

G1 Y3.5

G2 X0. Y3.75 I.25 J0.

G1 X.75

G2 X1. Y3.5 I0. J-.25

G1 X1.05

G0 Z.1

M99

O2(RADIUS-RIGHT-SIDE)

(1/2-END-MILL-.700-LONG - CONTOUR)

G90 X-.3746 Y1.6291

G1 Z-.15 F150.

X-.0996 Y1.7491 F20.

G3 Y1.7509 I-.0004 J.0009

G1 X-.3746 Y1.8709

G0 Z.1

M99

O3(RADIUS-LEFTT-SIDE)

(1/2-END-MILL-.700-LONG - CONTOUR)

G90 X.3746 Y1.6291

G1 Z-.15 F150.

X.0996 Y1.7491 F20.

G2 Y1.7509 I.0004 J.0009

G1 X.3746 Y1.8709

G0 Z.1

M99

O4(DRILL-LEFT-SIDE)

(1/8-DRILL-5/8-LONG)

G90 X-.3125 Y1.

Z.1

G99 G81 X-.3125 Y1. Z-.375 R.1 F30.

Y1.75

Y2.5

G80

M99

O5(DRILL-FRONT-SIDE)

(1/8-DRILL-5/8-LONG - DRILL/CBORE)

G90 X.375 Y1.

Z.1

G99 G81 X.375 Y1. Z-.312 R.1 F30.

Y1.75

Y2.5

G80

M99

O6(DRILL-RIGHT-SIDE)

(1/8-DRILL-5/8-LONG - DRILL/CBORE)

G90 X.3125 Y.25

Z.1

G99 G81 X.3125 Y.25 Z-.375 R.1 F30.

Y1.

Y1.75

G80

M99

%

Hello Mr. James Meyette

As a machinist I work for my living, I used MC since Ver.3., all the men I worked for, you know they never want to purchase the customized posts at all everytime I ask, the answer was "why have to spend money for that, you the programmer gotta know some't like that.

Well Mr. Meyette, I wouldn't ask for fish, and either buy fish, but I wanna to be taugh to fish that way I can eat for the whole life.

Any way If you can reveal your secret so that I can from there to fish by myself, hope some day I am good enough to teach men to fish. For now I can do almost pretty much with MC, my only problem left over with MC is posting multiple parts for horizontal machine.

Than you Mr. Meyette

Than you MfgEng

The MPSUBREP won't work for HORIZONTAL machine at all, as 12 years on the road working for several state of the art modern machine shop I ever saw anyone in the Sillicon valley could post multiple parts for HORIZONTAL machine with MC,I personally love MC, it's way ahead compare to the other, the only thing I don't feel convenient is sub programs ,I hope some day they can store the subs and I can do subcall anytime, anywhere during making tool paths.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Post work I do not do for free, except on rare occasion for my friends. Teaching how to work on posts I do not do for free either. It's not like it's as easy subject. It takes a great deal of time and is a large investment. I'm pretty free with my knowledge in here as most all would agree but Post stuff is where I draw the line. Not to be elitist but it's what seperates me from a huge percentage of my peers, so if somebody wants to join the ranks of those that can and do work on posts, they need to invest. I certainly do not object to teaching it, but I do object to teaching it for free. Please do not think ill of me, but I do, as was mentioned in an earlier post, have a wife and kids to consider and if I'm going to spend time away from them (even if it's in the office in our house) it's going to be for money. Sorry, I hope you can understand.

James

quote:

...if I'm going to spend time away from them (even if it's in the office in our house) it's going to be for money. Sorry, I hope you can understand.

What are you? Some kind of capitalist? [please forgive me if I butchered the spelling on that]

Puhhhhhhhlease! You guys give up enough knowledge for free; you've got nothing to apologize for

Place a "B" value in the offset and away you go. I have done this on a toombstone with multiple stations. Why won't this work for you? Assign the stations a G54.1 and let the machine do the rest - IE use the offset to do the table rotation.

[ 09-11-2002, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]

Use the software as a tool to get what you need. Whether your fixture is flat or has multiple faces - Just invision it as Flat and let the machine do its magic.

I guess that So.Cal. is a little behind common place Canadian State of the Art!

[ 09-11-2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]

How does someone in PA,learn the ropes of posts,I could invest somewhat,posts are an unspoken language around here I have edited mine a few times but that was just following the map,But to add new features and things of the sort without to many competitors doing the same how do I go about it.

I need a little more seperation from my peers.AND I love to fish.

cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well the first step would be to see if your reseller offers a Post class. If that's a "No", then you r next option is to see if one (reseller) is closer than Connecticut. CNC Software offers them I know.

My track went liek this;

I was working for a Machine Tool Builder and I had liek 11 machines in our showroom. We needed 6 differnt Posts. I called our local reseller CAD/CAM Consulting Services Inc. and talked to Dennis. I asked him if there was some sort of Post Book available because I did not want to burden them since we were not paying customers, we were given (actually I asked) a free seat to use for Machine Demos, etc... So he swung by with the Post Book, and brought some swag too (thanks again Dennis if you're reading this). That week I was going to be out of town for a two week stretch, so I took the book. Read it cover to cover twice before I even looked at a post. Then on my trip, I proceeded to work on each post. It took me like 3 weeks to do them and with some help(that was only a phone call away) they got done. That's how I got started. Now, I do them to take advantage of specific features in our machines. Our Mori Seiki Horizontals now do Peck Rigid Tapping, they use contour control with no editing, they Index on command, lots of other stuff. So that's how it happened. Luckily for me, CAD/CAM Consulting has one for the best post gurus in the world, and he didn't mind answering my questions. Thanks again - you know who you are cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif . I owe alot to those guys, I'm forever in their debt. They taught me things that 5 years ago I would've never thought were possible.

So with all of that said, knowing the right people, getting a break, being at the right place at the right time, miraculous things are possible. I guess the High School teacher that told me I would never amount to a hill of feces mis-calculated a bit, not that I'm somebody because really I'm not, but I'm far more successful than those people would've ever thought possible.

Out!

Hello MR. MfgEng

Looks like you the only one I can talk with, the reason I signed up for this forum because I think the forum is the place where the people use to expose the problem, the knowleged, the ideal and may be the great thought. I think of selling and buying in the forum is kinda weird to me.

Anyway, back to the post processor, I'v got what you said 'bout the offset B value.

I'll post a completted program for you to take a look at in next time and let me know how you think.

Thank you.

Most CNC controls have a G code to shift everything after its called. Use that to create all 4 parts on one side. Use your G55-G59 to rotate to each side of the tombstone. Just add the angle ( 0, 90, 180, 270) to the axis rotation line. Your main program will set the G55-59 then call up the others as subs. You can simplify this by having a sub call a sub. In the "old" days, I would have up to 6 subs in a row if needed. Make a flow chart of what needs to happen if you can't picture it. That would help alot.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

LYLY,

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I'm not looking to make money. I'm trying to make a point. You don't go down to the local Auto Parts store to make your car go faster and expect to get the stuff for free do you? This is exactly the same principle. What you're seeking to do with Mastercam is going to cost money. Plain and simple. Weather you pay your reseller, you pay me or you pay someone else, you're still going to pay one way or the other. This stuff does not come free. That's the point. You know it's one thing to ask how to do some thing but it's an entirely different matter asking for free training which is what you are asking for. Get a grip pal! mad.gif That is NOT the purpose of this forum. It is not meant to take the place of formal training, it is to ENHANCE it. You ask questions, if the responses require too detailed of a response than is practical here, then sometimes e-mail is appropriate, other times, TRAINING is more appropriate. You sir need training to do what you ask. If your boss won't pay, then I don't know what to tell you. Get the Post CD on your own, start studying, attempt to make some progress and ask some questions, that's how it works. We're not going to do your job for you for.

OUT!

Wow! Bang ! Zap! Powee!

He IS asking for training! As is every one here in some fashion or other.

quote:

I wouldn't ask for fish, and either buy fish, but I wanna to be taugh to fish that way I can eat for the whole life.

Any way If you can reveal your secret so that I can from there to fish by myself, hope some day I am good enough to teach men to fish.

-KLG

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Keith,

Not really. I mean, maybe in the technical sense everybody is asking for training, but on the practical scale, not really.

It's more like tech support in here. Sometimes we get really detailed but for the most part a moderate amount of discussion will help and everybody learns. But this, what LYLY asking for is so far out of scope it's comical. If it were a matter of a few switches here, a new variable there, that would be one thing but his request is FAR beyond that. He wants full blown training, and for free at that. That's my gripe, wanting it is fine, wanting and expecting it for free is a whole different story.

JM2C