Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machine coding problems

emhart2002

Hello,

First, I'm new to the forum, so hello to all.

Second, I just changed from version 7 to 9 wire.

Needless to say, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to program. I think I actually got a contour ready to go except I'm having problems with my wire tool library. I converted my old library for the 9v. I posted the program and saved it to a folder I created (called 9v programs). I then put the program on a floppy, took it to the machine (mits fx10) and when I sent it over I noticed that the code seemed to be in binary instead of the M-code that we used.

Has anyone ran into this problem and knows how to correct it?

Thank you in advance for your responses

Dean

emhart2002,

How did you save the file when you Posted it? Did you post process from the Operations Manager? If so, you have the option to save the "NCI" file or the "NC" file or both. NCI file is very similar to binary data. It is the actual operational data in an "intermediate" format. This is what the post processor reads and converts into "NC" data, or "G and M" code. It sounds as if you saved the NCI but not the NC file. When posting from the Ops Manager, deselect the "Save NCI File" switch, the wirepath operations contain the NCI data, and select the "Save NC File" switch. Selecting the "Edit" switch will allow you to see what type of information you have before taking it out to the machine. HTH biggrin.gif

All of that should have been taken care at the intitial install. Try re-inserting your disk and run the "repair" utility. If this does not work, notify your dealer and have them e-mail you the DLL needed. Contact your dealer!!! Since you are just starting out with a new version and are having problems, they should be kept informed as to what is happening.

[ 09-19-2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Trevor Bailey ]

The most common cause for the 'ERROR: C-HOOK NOT FOUND' fault is Windows settings. Open Windows Explorer, go to 'Folder Options', and make sure that 'Show hidden files' is checked, 'Hide file extension for known file types' is not checked, and 'Hide system files' is not checked.

Unless someone or some program has been messing up your system, that should solve your problem, as long as you also remember to set Mastercam to save the NC file.

As Peter Scott said, ther is no reason for you to save the NCI file. The NCI file is largely useless to others than post processor developers like myself.