Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

projecting a toolpath onto a 3D round pipe

Generalsniper_308

I don't know what mill level you have, but if I was doing it with what I have, (mill level 1), I would make the toolpath in 2d and then convert it to geometry. This could then be projected onto a surface which you would then apply a second toolpath too.

I'm sure somebody can give you better ideas, but its all I have.

well what i did to give it a try was, create a hollow cylinder as a surface then create letters about a half inch above the pipe, then i projected the letters onto the pipe, then applied a engraving toolpath to the projected letters, and for some reason mastercam forces all the letters to the same height "flattens the curved name" THIS IS ALL I WANT TO DO ON A 3 AXIS MACHINE!!!

-----------------------------------------------

STUDENTS NAME HERE

-----------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...