Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pro E translator problem?

Saultspics

Is anyone having a problem with Pro E translator? Or am I the only one? Over half the .prt files that I bring in through the translator is missing shaded when I do a shade. The parts you can see through in places. They usually come in ok if I do it as trimmed surfaces. As a solid it looks like part of the surface is missing. Is this a Pro E or a MasterCam problem? Has anyone else seen this happen before? Our engineer is running Pro E and he is not having any problems with these models. I have e-mailed one part to Greg at CNC. Does anyone else having any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen confused.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Stephen,

You should also send a/the offending file(s) to [email protected], and if you can give them a short description of how the pars should look and what it contaons (surfaces, solids, part, or assembly, etc...

About the "helical" holes. Are these just holes with threads?

Threads are cosmetic features and contain no real geometry in Pro/E. The features that I have trouble with is a helical cut along a shaft. Think of an etruder screw and you will see what I mean. Where the sweep comes out of the end of the shaft, when there are radii on the profile, the system gets a little messed up and will fail.

This is the problem that I have and have sent files to my local service center.

quote:

I had the same problem, but tech support recommended I turn on "Attempt to Heal Solid During Import".

Thanks! Charles.

I done a few parts, the only problem is it was slow going with some of big files. I can live with that.

You can also inport as trim surfaces then create soild from surfaces.

I will try to send some to QC this week.

What to send prt. file and MC file.?

Thanks!

Stephen

quote:

This thread comes at a good time. We are looking into buying the ProE converter at this time. Up to this point we have used iges format to read in files from ProE. Do you feel this best way to go or is there a better way? Thanks ahead of time for your replies.

Neal.

I like the translator over iges, "IMHO" it is cleaner than iges with surfaces. If you have soilds it is a lot better. I hope this help. smile.gif

Stephen.

I am a Model Maker for Paslode and we just upgraded to solids, we also noticed that sometimes the pro-e file I translate looks like the designer didn't finish trimming the part off or left out some features. This only happens with Solids. I use the feature attempt to heal solids during translation. Is there a problem with the file or is this a translation problem. Also this file is an assembly of multiple parts. I have no problem with trimmed surfaces. cheers.gif

Guys,

I need files with examples of the problem. I know I got the file from ssaults. We need more examples

You would be amazed how close you can come to getting beatup around here by suggesting that there is a problem in the software without proof.

"I say it don't work they say yes it does"

Email BUGS TO [email protected] with a method for duplicating bug. Include example files

Is this a difficult thing to understand?

I went around and around looking for a reference to a bug in pro-e yesterday and found only 3 bugs logged.

[ 09-25-2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Greg McKay ]