Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using V9 Posts with V8.1.1

n_tydingco

I downloaded a V9 post for Fadals (from Cadcam's FTP site) that utilizes the Fadal format for subroutines. I've got it tweaked to output the code the way I like it. However, I am not sure if there is anything that may jump out and bite me down the road because it's a V9 post.

Is anyone aware of any issues regarding backwards compatibility?

Thanks.

You can usually get away with taking a v7 post that was updated to v9 using the UPDATEPST9 utility and still use it under Mill v7.2

Note that you usually CANNOT take a post that came on the v9 CD and run it under a previous version of MC!

Also, the UPDATEPST9 utility always makes a backup of the PST & TXT files that were updated.

So you could look for the .PV7 and .TV7 files. (note the filename extensions)

The same holds true for v8.1

Instead of .PV7 & .TV7 files, they will be .PV8 & .TV8

Just rename the .PV7 to .PST and the .TV7 to .TXT

and you have your original v7 post processor.

[ 09-27-2002, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Roger Martin from CNC Software ]

I wrote the post for ver 4 originally. It has been updated for every ver sence then. It should work with ver 7 - 8 - & 9 as is without any modifications. I don't think it will work on ver 4 - 5 - 6 anymore without some fixing. Hope you find it usefull. biggrin.gif

As to the text it adds, this is becouse we have three different machines and post to go with. It makes it easy to see at a glance what post I'm on.