Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Scale menu

Jody

How do I get the curser to default in the (scale factor) window and not the (number of steps) window? Version 8 it defaulted in the (scale factor) so it is habit to be looking at the print while I am adding shrink to a part. Now in Version 9 I type in 1.016 in the (# of steps) and not the (scale factor).

Thank you

Jody

You're not the first person to mention this. Unfortunately, you can't change that. Apparently, CNC Software thought we would much rather have it default to "number of steps," otherwise they wouldn't have changed it. smile.gif It's one of the things that I've enjoyed since moving back to V8.

Thad

[ 10-02-2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: thad ]

Ok I will bite. Thad you have V9 and went back to using V8?

I have not gone back to V8 in months.

The only reason was to work on a project for a customer they were running 8.1.1 so they want the file in that format. They have sense gone to V9.

Other wise I go back to V8 to answer V8 questions if I don't remember off the top of my head.

So I am wondering your reason?

thanks.

Thanks PDG that sounds like a good idea. While you are making it more user friendly do you think that you could go back to the V8 check boxes in (Selection Mask) window? If I want everything checked except surfaces and solids I can not just go click on surfaces and solid to uncheck them. I have to hold the ctrl button then click on them. I feel that I am being picky but that annoys me that I have to do it that way now.

Thanks cheers.gif

Jody

quote:

Ok I will bite. Thad you have V9 and went back to using V8?

So I am wondering your reason?

The method that we use for helixing holes does not seem to work with V9. It worked fine with v7 and 8. With v9, it will do one 360 degree helical move, then do a straight Z move down each increment that it would helix, until it gets to finish depth, and then does another helix move. Backplotting looks fine (sometimes), but posts out what I mentioned above. I sent the file to my dealer who determined it was a bug and recommended I use the helix option until it gets fixed. I was getting weird things there also. When helixing multiple holes all in the same operation, when verifying, it would show a helical move on some holes and the Z plunge move described above. I don't remember now what the code looked like. We helix holes on EVERY job and I need something that works EVERY time. I reached a frustration level with this and the other "keep tool down" problem that my dealer reported to CNC Software in early July (still no response), that I decided to go back to a version that got the job done for me. But just like the topic of this post, now I have to deal with using the setdir chook on every job because v8 doesn't remember the path where it saved the last nc file. It did in v7, not in v8, and then it does in v9. Who makes these changes and why? confused.gif It's give and take, I suppose. Right now v8 does the job, so that's what I use. We'll see what v9.1 brings. smile.gif

Thad