Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

attention MC users

rwerden

I am a replica prop designer and I have always wanted to do machining for my props. I have looked into buying a mill for this purpose but never could afford one. I would like to get an idea of what the cost is to hire one of you to convert my 3d files (lightwave exported to dxf) into a working cad/cam file.

I would also be interested in what you would charge to create these cad cam files from simple photos and produce the actual machined props for me.

Please email me if you can do all of the above

[email protected]

Hello rwerden,

We just got a 5 axis machining center not too long ago and would be happy to quote machining some props for you. Another company close to us bought the exact same machine to make custom hydro-plane props, they are having great success with them. We would need a model and your requirements as far as surface finish and tolerance to give you a decent quote. Hope we can help

Dave

quote:

Propeller manufacturer

Well it is not a propeller thats for sure more like a prop for a movie actully a nice looking peace.

I have seen what he wand no 5axis needed on this.

If you want to know email the gentalmaen and he will send you info.

I have all ready received this info.

quote:

Ridgewood, Huh. DAts what Exit 11? mebbe 12?

Yes, we "can do all of the above" and more. Look at our website. But,don't count us in. We are too busy. Too much work and too much OT. We need more designers and model makers.

Sorry! smile.gif

[ 10-03-2002, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: David S ]