Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moderators - If you dare!

Jack Mitchell

My thoughts at the moment reflect on the activity of the user group for the past year.

I wish for the moderators to consider the following for a possible annual consideration.

A kindness response award.

Most outrageous Avatar award.

An I appreciate the help award.

I took it on the lip award.

A holy cow award.

A horses xxxx award.

I’m afraid to ask award.

Most outrageous statement award.

A fire & brimstone award.

Your humble servant award.

A ridiculous question award.

A light bulb award.

The scientific approach award.

A beanie cap award.

All around nice person award.

So little though, so much thought, who cares? Etc, Etc, Etc.

Think of the prestige of earning such a title – this could even land you that job that you’re competing for; even honorable mention could have dire consequences.

Please consider a lighter, side-take on this proposal; this suggestion is given in the spirit of being part of the greatest user forum out here.

If you find this proposal acceptable then please refer to the thread that influenced your vote accordingly.

Who ever coined the “Show up and Cut it” statement deserves a special consideration for just being Wow!

Cnc Software – were going to kick some serious bottoms in 2003 with version Ten, “Show up and Cut it” is something to consider with the new release, It’s right up there with “ring around the collar”, “drivers wanted”, and “there’s a little McDonalds in every one”

Time for me to grab the bucket & mop, Regards, Jack

My early votes for some categories:

A kindness response award:

-Everyone on the forum for not ripping me when I ask a dumb question

Most outrageous Avatar award:

-Tony for his Otto the bus driver

A holy cow award:

-Jack Mitchell's despairing posts after trashing some guy at work ["Smoking a Toolmaker"]

A horses xxxx award:

-Any of the banned

A fire & brimstone award:

-Andrew McRae and Peter E ripping each other in my Integrex thread

Your humble servant award:

-James and Jay

The scientific approach award:

-Andrew McRae (aka MfgEng)

A beanie cap award:

-James must win as he is the originator

All around nice person award:

-Me, of course

[ 10-11-2002, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Your humble servant award.

This has to go to Bullines and Webby, for without them this place would note even exist.

quote:

A horses xxxx award.

Multax without a doubt hands down and Honorable Mentions in this forum would be those banned and especially the guy who tried to download this whole forum and caused it to be shutdown for a while - what an idiot.

quote:

All around nice person award.

This shoudl go to Michael(I think - he is the Mastercam and UG instructor from New York). He NEVER has an unkind word to say about anything or anybody. He's my hero.

quote:

Most outrageous Avatar award.

Bullines without a doubt. That exploded head is awesome.

That's all I can think of for now.

Uh-oh

I would hope we could have some fun without anyone getting miffed, but maybe Mike's right

Everyone who adds anything constructive to this forum is a valuable member of the organization, please don't be offended if I didn't mention you in my earlier post

My respectful submission to add to Jack's list:

The padlock award

Chris,

Today, on October 12th, I am 47 years old.

No congrats requested or wanted, think about this for a moment - the male pattern baldness hurts rather large at this moment in my life.

If any congrats are ever to be given - they are for my spouse for just putting up with he likes of me (God bless her).

The spirit of just being part of this user forum is enough in itself. I so much enjoy the hearty laugh at the responses such as yours - these are real, these are spontaneous, this is what a proud crowd is all about.

Please don't look for the lock on this thread, for nobody will hurt me or anyone one else - there is, and will always be the Mercenary Machinists "Andrew" and Machine Shop Rambo's "Mitchell", gunning for us all.

I realize that Michael’s sensitive response was a good thing for him to do - as was yours.

I believe it was James that stated that we get a thick skin regarding the praise or beating with whatever the forum serves up.

The intent of this post was to involve our Moderators and to poke fun at ourselves. Sometimes a technical forum can become stale with the humdrum and rank expertise of it all.

My first beer on the forum cheers.gif

Chris, we will need to have a Real Beer together someday in Canada if you ever attempt to tackle The Great White North. I'm still waiting for Corey to come up for some sausages & sauerkraut.

Peter E. & Andrew are certainly most welcome as well – only if they can forgive my nastiness, but for a moment.

Regards, Jack

I know what you're thinking!

How does this guy know how to spell sauerkraut?

It's so easy when you go to the refrigerator and look at the label. For there is no other way to this – it’s the third time I have done it.

Go ahead – try spelling it out for yourself (I cannot spell this word without looking at the label.

Regards, Jack

quote:

How does this guy know how to spell sauerkraut?

It's so easy when you go to the refrigerator and look at the label. For there is no other way to this – it’s the third time I have done it.

Go ahead – try spelling it out for yourself (I cannot spell this word without looking at the label.

ROFL biggrin.gif

And we all know how I spell, I need a market in front of me. tongue.gif

[ 10-12-2002, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Hi Jack

Hi All

I wrote “Show up and Cut it” under the thread

that asked what does Mastercam have that the others don't. Jack, thanks for the parity to "Ring around the collar"

I don,t think the moderator's will be doing the actual awards, But I vote for Jay as the "Best Spellarr" award

[ 10-14-2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Jack,

With the new baby and a multitude of other happennings I havent been up in a while but be sure

it will take place someday, Saurkraut and Molson Canadian,The Breakfast of Champions.

Dont forget the thieven xxxx award- kuie biggrin.gif

[ 10-14-2002, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: mold100 ]

Corey,

Perhaps we should consider a newer, improved handle IE: Corey390 - These Sandvik tools are amazing beyond words.

Please email me at least one week prior to coming up (my email address is in my profile) - this way I can try to arrange for the other good members to show as well - Best Bet would be a weekend, but hey, I'm fairly neutral and usually quite flexible.

P.S. Please bring along some extra 11mm inserts just in case we have some time to play in my garage.

Regards, Jack

Jack,

You never told me you had those babies under power... I have a drawer full of those 11mm chicklets and even have a few of the 17mm Test Inserts to go as well. You let me know when and I'll bring a big chunk of steel!

Our next quest should be a Nobel Prize for Machining and Manufacturing Excellence... One and a half million used CNMG 432 inserts are your prize (the 100 degree corners are still good - hold on to those babies! You could get a job facing and turing forgings for a steady profit.)

[ 10-15-2002, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Andrew McRae ]