Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak VMC 20/40B

Michael Reynolds

Thanks Peter!

My bad. It's a VQC with a CAMM-2 controller. I was wondering if there were any post in mastercam that would work with it. Also, I need copies of manuals. I know this is a bad thing to ask, so if I could buy a copy of the programming (or any) of the manuals, I'd be a happy boy! (I've asked Mazak about buying the manuals, and they're about 1000 bucks. We're a poor school, and can't afford that kind of money...

Thanks!

Mike R.

[ 10-15-2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Michael Reynolds ]

• Like 1

Hey savtav,

I'm just curious, what post did you start with and what did you modify in the post? What changes did you make? What version MC is it for? The reason I ask is I have a friend that I do some programming for about once every other month or so. He has two VQC's. I've never run Mazaks. My experience is with Haas, Fadal, Mits., etc. I currently post out the programs I write for him and then spend and hour or so editting manually. If I could cut this time down or out, it would be great. The programs I write for him are from a certain customer of his that sends him cad files with surfaces or splines that he can't do using conversational programming. Just thought I'd ask.

Mike

I have been, for the last 3 years, using the exact machine as you have described. Any questions you might need answering I can help you with. Unfortunetly all our manuals are in German. As it is a 20/40B can you confirm that it is fitted with the 10,000rpm spindle option. One thing to be carefull of, is the tool holders. We had a few here that where 0.010" too large for the magazine, and subsiquently, broke the tool grippers. Please let me know if you need help. We are not using Mastercam to program this machine, but are seriously looking at purchasing one fron Camaix.

Thanks for all your replies!

Sav, could you please email me the posts (if no one has a problem with it)? As far as scanning the manuals, it seems like an awful lot of work for you, but I'd appreciate it!

By the way Sav, where are you located?

Thanks again all!!!

Mike R

[ 10-16-2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Michael Reynolds ]

Hi, Mike

I Will email you my posts that i have for mazak vqc which runs with mcam v9 no problem with that.

I had a look at one of the mazak manuals it's about 300 pages i will try to photo copy the manual and send it via mail. I will let you know. I also have a training book step by step were it shows you part exercises and setups for mazaks controlS were i first learned how to programme mazatrol that's only about 20 pages i think that will suit you and this time...

PS: I am located in Sydney Australia Down Under Did you hear what happened In Bali ? I think they are after the aussies now ...

Regards Sav

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I think I've got a set of old Mazak manuals. I'll check tonight and get back to you Mike.

Sav, hang on for a day before you start photocopying. I'll post tonight and tell you what I find. Bummer about Bali. Lots of Aussies died so we hear. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif "They" are after ANY "Western" interests these days, weather they be financial, or recreational. What a bunch of freaks. Too bad they can't play nice. We need to crush the fools.

I want to again thank you for all your help! This is the most helpful forum on the PLANET!!!

Sav, while I really appreciate the offer of copying the manual, I can't ask you to do that. Thats WAY too much work!

James, I really appreciate it!

On the subject of both the terrorist attacks in Bali and the sniper in Maryland, those people (if you can call them that) need to be taken out and shot. No, maybe SLOWLY dipped in boiling oil. Maybe take a day to fully immerse them.

I just hope politicians don't use this as an excuse to take our guns away... MHO

Again, thank you ALL for your help!

(The above comment about the murderers CANNOT be construed as being negative to PEOPLE in any way. Thereby not tarnishing my reputation as a nice guy...)

Respectfully & Gratefully,

Mike R.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mike,

Good news, my dad has them in his garage. I'll pick them up sometime this weekend and get them out to you on monday UPS Ground. Is that OK?

I'll need to get an address to send them to so if you could e-mail me I'll get that going.

It's my pleasure.

We have a VQC 20/40 A. Your 20/40 B has X travel of 1000 m.m. (39.37" for those unfortunate enough to be using inches) compared to our 635 m.m. We have the standard 4000 RPM spindle, options were 6000 and 10000. There are four manuals, an Operating manual for the machine, an Operating manual for the control, a Programming manual for the control and a Maintenance manual for the machine. The manual we use most is the Operating manual for the control as it has a list of several hundred alarm codes. There would originally have also been an enormous manual of wiring diagrams and another of mechanical parts list. We had two days training from a local Mazak expert to get us started. When you get used to it, the Mazatrol is so quick to program and edit that I don't always post from Mastercam.

Take note of Pip's warning about the magazine tool grippers. When placing tools in them, rotate the tool holder left and right to make sure it has gone all the way in and engaged the key. Never bend the air blast hose around to the back of the spindle to get it out of the way. These tool grippers cost AUS$800 (US$400 or so) !

Good luck to you, it's a great machine.

Hugh Venables.

Re VQC

Almost all Mazak mills come with a tool measuring probe mounted on the table (I don't know why ALL cnc mills don't come with these....)

Make sure you open the probe once in a while (4 screws on the side) and check for any coolant leaking in. You can use silicone to re-seal the door and might have to buy a new o-ring for the plunger on the probe, but this will save you lots of time and prevent scrap. (the probe looses accuracy if it fills with coolant). The toolchanger has a small sensor with a red light on it. Make sure to keep that clean as well.

Peter Eigler

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions on this machine!

James, my address is:

31 Sand Bank Rd

Erin, New York 14838

Ground would be ducky!

Does UPS do "collect" shipping? I certainly don't want you to pay for the shipping!

It's really nice to have all of your support right now. My wife's health is RAPIDLY declining, and I don't know if she's going to pull out of it this time..

Respectfully,

Mike R.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Michael,

Bad news. Th eonly manual I have left is an old Fanuc 6MB Operations Manual. The Mazak Manuals seemed to have disappeared. Sorry about that. Spent quite a while looking for them.

Perhaps sav amy still be willing to copy them for you.

Michael - I would contact Bill Miller or Craig Baye of AW Miller and they may be able to help you out. AW is the Mazak machine tool distributor in NY area and is a great asset to talk to. Craig Baye in the East Aurora office (Their Applications Manager). I have taken the liberty of sending across a copy of this thread to Craig so ehn you call, he will know what you are talking about!

• 2 weeks later...