Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows XP

GHowe

I'd like to know how many are using Windows XP Professional for there operating system? I'm still having commuication problems at 2400 baud and no dwell at the EOL. If I use .3 sec. dwell it works ok, just takes a long time to load. NOT AN OPTION. This has been a two month problem and have not had a good answer yet. We've tried a seperate serial board, doesn't help. Tried differant computer with Windows XP Professional, doesn't help. I'm beginning to think Mastercam has a problem working with this operating system. HELP Thank Gary

GHowe, your problem could very well be your FIFO buffer settings, they must be set to 1 (i.e. lowest setting) or off if that is an option (I don't know XP very well).

What happens is that when your computer receives a signal from the control to pause transmitting, it sends what is in the buffer before stopping, and the control cannot handle those extra characters.

You will probably find the FIFO buffer settings under advanced settings (or something similar) for the specific COM port. Remember to set both the input and output buffers to 1 or off.

I forgot to add, this is not a problem specific to Windows XP, it exists in all versions of Windows.

[ 12-11-2002, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Christian Raebild ]

We have many customers use CIMCO Edit in Mastercam on WinXP for file transfer without any problem. (Turn off FIFO buffer if you do drip feeding).

The work laptop I use is XP as well and I do all my DNC demo and trouble shoot with it. Very often I use the CIMCO Edit and it always works. (Hardly use the "File" --> "Next Menu" --> "comminucate" any more).

i don't remember the answer to this..but it's not mastercam..but you have to change the settings in windows to not interfear with what m,astercan is doing..darn if i can't remeber..but perhaps this might point you in a direction to look..but it's a windows prob..not a mastercam prob.