Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-hooks

Dan Bedore

I have been using Mastercam for four years to cut patterns and trim parts with 3 and 5-axis routers and I have never used a c-hook that I know of. I know I have barely touched the surface of what Mastercam can do. I would like to here some discussion on what C-hooks do what, which ones are free and which ones you can buy, and how they make life easier? I really enjoy this forum. I learn a lot from hearing the questions & answers and I appreciate how everyone adds their 2 cents. One thing I think everyone should do is post when they figure out the answer to their problem so that we can all benefit from the discussion. Thanks guys and gals. I look forward to what everyone has to say on this topic.

quote:

Don't Sweat it - Jay has butchered most of the english language in his first thousand posts... We get the spirit of the message.

That's right. When comes to writing I am the butcher cheers.gif

I have to say you guys and gales are pretty good about it.

Thanks for working thru it.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't Sweat it - Jay has butchered most of the english language in his first thousand posts... We get the spirit of the message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate the Mastercam input from the forum members.

Spelling doesn't matter to me as much as communication.

Since I have been writing daily to communicate with the forum members, I have improved my skills ---including the

spelling.

I thank everyone for participating on the forum.

[ 01-08-2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Dan,

Because we change project directories so much we use "setdirs" rather than changing directories in mc configuration. The drawback is that it needs to be re-ran if MC is shut down or crashes. Recently I have selected it it as a default c-hook upon start up for that very reason. The other one We use alot is "align" for aligning text. The one I have found to be pretty worthless is "animate", mabey I am not using it right but it doesn't work very well and deletes all geometry upon completion.

-AW-

Well let's see there is Breakcir.dll(good for trimming)

Cvtold.dll, converts old GE3's to current Version

Drillpt.dll, creates a point at all full circles(great for drilling)

Drawpock.dll, Draws pocket shapes as 2-D contours

Htable.dll , finds all full circles ans lables them

I include these in the training session, at least let them know they are there.

I like them.

My 2 cents

Lets see.

Moldplus - rules. I'm in awe of this program.

Setdir - Set as my start-up chook like Aaron. It needs a 'most recent used' list, though. Say the last 10 directories.

Squash - chook in v8, integrated into mc in v9.

Plus a few others. wink.gif

Bryan smile.gif