Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How accurate is verify in MCAM

kkominiarek

kkominiarek,

Andrew is correct in that the Verify in Mastercam is showing toolpath data, not actual code. If you want to verify G-code, there are several packages available. One such program is the upgraded Cimco Edit from your Mastercam OEM version of Cimco. This Cimco Edit professional version has a Backplot feature which is very helpful because it reads the G-code and shows you what's happening with each line of code, and allows for backwards Backplot so if you want to go back and check something, there's no need to start it over. Click on the Cimco link at the bottom of this page to get more info. Metacut Utilities will also do a very nice job of verifying G-code and allows you to edit it "on the fly". HTH biggrin.gif

kkominiarek,

I really like eagle edit plot. It is an editor

and "g code" backplotter.

You can download a free trial version at

http://www.mnsi.net/~eaglesd/

I would also see if cimco offers a free trial too. Then you could compare the two.

Mastercam resellers promote what they sell,

I dont think Peter's boss would appreciate him

steering you in the "Eagle" direction, unless

they sold it.He may have never heard of it.

However,it is really worth checking out,and

I am simply just trying to give an opinion from a "users" view, not "sellers" view.

cheers.gif

Cimco also offer the trial version. I think even on this web site. You can also change how verify works by changing the move/steps to 1 and the moves/refresh to 1. Use True solid and solid tool. I have never had a gouge that was not seen since another user showed this to me.

HTH

cheers.gif

Glenn

And on the other end of the scale, Metacut Utilities is dirt cheap and has a neat little window that attatches itself to the Mastercam Operation Manager. This is what I use. It also has graphical edit and compare features and a few other tools. I don't think you can beat it for the price.

[ 01-24-2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]