Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deleted Thread

Webby

I deleted a thread-gone-bad from the forum this morning. A string of events lead to what must have seemed like a bunch of us ganging up on a new member.

Lively debate is healthy, but personal comments or attacks can quickly escalate out of control. These threads ultimately add nothing to our mission of shared product knowledge.

On a positive note, I think things have generally turned around since the end of last year. I see less paranoia, and more sincere greetings to new members. I like the trend - let's keep it up.

Although our forum takes some cheap shots on the newsgroups for being "censored and moderated", it's happened about 5 times as far as I can remember over the course of 35932 individual posts, which means the guidelines and guidance of senior members have set the tone for a forum where the 'quality to crap' ratio is extremely high.

Thanks as always to all for their professionalism and participation.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Although our forum takes some cheap shots on the newsgroups for being "censored and moderated", it's happened about 5 times as far as I can remember over the course of 35932 individual posts, which means the guidelines and guidance of senior members have set the tone for a forum where the 'quality to crap' ratio is extremely high.

Or rather 7186.4 parts quality to 1 part crap. Not bad. Not bad at all. I left the alt.cnc NG for this place and have not looked back since. Th3e quality of information here is FAR superior IMNSHO biggrin.gif

Thanks for a cool place to hang out Webby.

Webmaster,

Thank you for stepping in and thank you for a very professional response.

As we all know, I was somewhat involved with this very argument.

I only logged on again this evening at 10:00PM Eastern time, therefore I do not know what became of the return response, or of what I assume to be an attack on a new member. I can only recall my response.

Everybody in the forum knows that I can indeed be cranky from time to time, especially you Webmaster, and our many other moderators. smile.gif

I apologize, once again to our valued and cherished members and anyone else that I may have offended with my reckless and insensitive cowboy abandon.

I applaud the fact that you deleted the thread; otherwise I might have reacted to this.

I wish to remain uninformed of what happened of these responses and I totally respect your stepping in, when you deemed it necessary.

Thank you all, again, for being the best forum of all forums. smile.gif

The only question that remains is how did Jack Mitchell ever make it to 200 posts without being banned for life? I am so honored to be a part of this forum.

On another note: This Starfleet adventure series sort of takes a bit out of me – I would not want to be looked upon as some sleazy pulp writer. If the forum wants it, I will do my best to accommodate them, or alternately, are you guys just stringing me along so that I won’t hijack your threads? biggrin.gif Or, do you find the commentary a brief distraction that sort of makes you smile?

Creative writing can take its toll rather quickly, The author tends to be his worse critic, judge, and jury – I am but a simple button pusher here with a flair for the extravagance. wink.gif

ChrisM’s “whip it” thing was a lot of fun – I really enjoyed the one line come backs from all – this is what a forum is all about, this is larger than life for me. Thank you Chris, for making my face hurt. And good luck in sick bay, for you are going to need it. biggrin.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 02-02-2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Jack, I am sorry that we got off to a bad start

and hope we can put it behind us.

This is much more your forum than it is mine.

I am the newbie here and have to prove that I

am worthy here.

After all I am stepping "in" to your GALAXY!

A lot of crap went down all at once and I was not

happy.

I came here to get away from the B.S. over at

gurus.I don't want it here too.

I just want a place that I can post questions and

maybe give out a few answers too. I too agree that the webmaster did an excellent job of extinguishing this thread.

I am truly sorry for anyone I offended.

This place is a premium cnc forum.

grosse018.gif

Bucket,

You are more worthy here than I. smile.gif

This is hardly my galaxy, this is the forum. biggrin.gif

For I have no magical spells here, I only have my wit, and what's left of a tattered old character actor. smile.gif

All is forgiven, all is good. wink.gif

A very sincere welcome to the forum Bucket, and I really mean this smile.gif - please sign off with a human name if at all possible, even if it is only a first name, for I prefer to address people as people rather than nicknames.

Your friend, Jack

[ 02-02-2003, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]