Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

subprogram

Elad

I've never tried to work with subprograms in MC.

I would like to start using subprogram,it will make my code much shorter,especially when i have a lot of holes to drill.

Are there any known problems that i should expect when using subprograms??i know there were some problems in v8.

I'm with V9 SP1.

Thanks, smile.gif

I used to work with subs a lot when writing by hand but stopped to use them under Cad-CAM for 5 years now.

When your machine has enough memmory no need for subs.

It is more safer without them and far more simple.

I use strait code and if it is 3 meg so what ?It will take a couple of minutes to translate to the hard disk of the machine at baud rate 55600.

And there are dnc and you can make a network connection with a machine too.

Alex,

And what about editing the gcode while the machine is running??

When you have subprograms,you can call the sub program while machine is running and doing changes as you need.

when there is only 1 long program,you can not do changes when running.

Elad,

I've found subs work well for machining molds with alot of repeating features by posting the sub as and incremental sub-routine. Keeps the program short and easy to pick up where you left off if the machine needs to be shut down. BTW, there's no loss in accuracy by posting it as incremental since the post calculates the moves internally from absolute positions.

Steve

I use subs whenever I can.

Sooo simple and makes life much more easier.

Although,I have yet to figure out how to do it on Mastercam mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif .

But for writing by hand at the machine and at the pc,way easier.

The only thing to watch out for is the switching from absolute to incremental.

It's very easy to get turned around inside a sub.

cheers.gif

jeff try the mpsubrep .pst from this site i cant tell you enough about it until i tried it i would spend hours editing code at the machine for multi workoffsets now prog one pc and use the subrep .pst in mis integers set for g54 to start and the number of parts and insant sub rep code the only thing i did was edit the pst for a local sub call m97 insteed of m98 keeps it all in one programe eek.gif

Elad,

any post supporting sub programs should be able to give you multi work offsets by translating toolpaths between points origin and origin, copying them any number of times and setting the work offset number increase per sub program by whatever amount you like (G54,G55,G56 = 1, G54,G56,G58 = 2, etc.). I've never tried the post "MACHINEMASTERG" mentioned but it sounds interesting