Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cutting on multiple fixture offsets?

westwind plastics

westwind, i have been using multiple offsets in the machines i use also. i find if the toolpaths are not real big i will lay down the paths for one trode ie. g54.i then create a new group and copy and paste my ops using a new group for each offset. to asign a g coordinate if you go to the tool parameter page in your toolpath on lower right is a t/c plane option. de-select coordinate and select tool plane then at bottom of the collum

click the work offset on and type 0 for g54,1 for g55, 2 for g56 and so on.if you get the first set of toolpaths set before you copy them you can then select all the ops in your next group right click mouse then select options edit all common parameters go in and change work offset and re-gen all paths. if toolpaths are huge it will take a while to re-gen in that case i post one offset and copy and paste after its been posted editing the appropriate g line. sorry such a long reply hope you find it useful. trevor

Trev (and anyone else doing lots of identical parts with different fixture offsets):

Take a look at the Transform toolpaths. If you use the translate method, and select 'tool plane' instead of 'coordinate' you can generate identical toolpaths, each with their own set of work offsets, without having to do any cut-and-paste.

By doing it this way you can also re-order the operatons to minimize tool changes and reduce your total cycle time.

As an added bonus, shold you need to make a change, you can make the change in the parent instance of the toolpath and simply regen to update the other toolpaths. This can go a log way towards eliminating errors.

Try downloading the tutorial on WCS. It will explain how to do multiple fixture offsets. It is very easy. You don’t need to copy operations. See this link and download the WCS-ViewMgrTutorial.zip file.

wcs file

You can also use transform tool path. Read the help section on transforming tool path. It has much information on this subject.