Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Entering Dwell as an integer?

J Coulston

How do I enter dwell as an integer? Every time I enter a dwell amount in the field it is turned into a decimal. When I code I get G98 G82 Z-.034 R.1 P200. F10. I need P200 or I get an alarm at the machine. How do I enter 200 in the dwell field without having it turning in to 200. . Is it possible to set the format of the value on the post side?

Thank you,

John

That worked perfectly. Thank you.

Where would I find definitions or explanations of words from the post? Words like sgabsinc, scoolant, fs2, fmt are they all defined variables exclusive to an individual post or do the have a standard meaning, I have looked for them in Version 9 MP Post Processor Online Reference Guide but have found no reference to them. Any explanation or place to look would be appreciated, some are self-explanatory but others have no obvious meaning.

Thank you

John

fs2 & fmt are definately documented in the ->

"Version 9 MP Post Processor Online Reference Guide"

sgabsinc & scoolant are not pre-defined (string) variables in MP, but you will find references to them if you SEARCH the Guide, since these two are very commonly used in posts.

The most useful way to find items in this guide is to install the guide from the CD.

Always allow it to install to the default (C:Version 9 MP Post) directory !

Most of the PDF files in this folder will be dated "6/10/2002"

With this setup (and the proper version of the free Acrobat Reader), you can use the supplied index which makes searching for stuff MUCH easier.

If in Acrobat Reader you want to be doing Edit->Search, or click the 2nd binoculars icon.

If you only have ONE binocular looking icon and when you click on it a "FIND" dialog appears,

you need to re-download the Adobe Reader at...

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Be SURE to check the option in Step #2 !!!

This will get you the Reader that has the SEARCH capability

(Note that SEARCH is different than FIND in when using the Reader!)

Once you have that taken care of, launch this PDF ->

"C:Version 9 MP Post0 V9 MP Post entry.pdf"

At the bottom of the screen you will see information about 'full text searching'

and how to tell the Reader the index to be used.

Using the SEARCH command with the index is the ONLY way to go !

[ 02-17-2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Roger Martin from CNC Software ]

Phil,

quote:

I have followed the above instructions and all works well but trying to open a file called V9 MP Posr Ref Index.pdx do you know why I can't look at this or is I even need to?

If all works well, why are you trying to open a PDX file ? confused.gif

This PDX is part of the Catalog Index for the Post Processor Guide.

I cannot think of a reason why you would need to look at it.

But...

Since you seem to be the curious type,

You can load this file into a Text Editor to look at.

Roger,

Thanks for your response. I am not overly curious in this regard but I was looking for an index (catalog) containing string variable and postblock names along with their definitions that I can print out for easy scanning. I have found it difficult trying to search for a postblock function by name when I don't know what it is called. The better search function of Adobe 5.1 will hopefully make it easier.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hello to all you post gurus,

I purchased the Post Processor Guide CD several weeks ago from our reseller. The CD is labeled (Preliminary) with a date of June 14,2002 but the latest pdf files on it are dated 8/20/01 (all reference version 8). Is there a newer release of the Post guide available now and if so is there much difference in content between them?

Jim