Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak's

R.Keath

Russ,

Could the product you are referring to be Camaix?

I believe this to be a German company that has some five axis add-ons and a Mazatrol add-on for Mastercam.

I might suggest doing a search for camaix on this very forum, as I recall there are some members from Australia who also purchased this.

Ultra-cool homepage and welcome to the forum. smile.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 02-21-2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

I have checked out the output from camaix for Mazatrol. It is not bad, though the code does seem to be 'longhand' form.

Keep in mind that you also have to purchase the Mazatrol Editor if you want to edit the Mazatrol code prior to sending it to the machine.

p.s. Plural nouns do not use apostrophes.

Cars= more than one car

Car's= One specific vehicle's description. i.e. This car's tires are brand new.

Peter Eigler

Lighten up folks. I thought I was helping someone who is perhaps from another country. When I was learning English, I was glad when someone gave me pointers while exchanging correspondence.

In either case, you can download the Camaix posts for yourself and try the output.

Good Luck

Peter Eigler

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

That was an innocent enough post correcting his english. I would've suspected english was his second language as well from reading his post.

Well at least we know he can read. When I was new in the trade, I knew several machinists that could not read. They knew their gages and how to read prints but that was about it. Travelers, fuggeddaboutit!

Russ,

As Jack said you could try a search of this forum as there has been some discussion about Camaix's Mazatrol post for Mastercam. Some of the questions came from me as I was interested in how useful it might be in an environment where there is some manual Mazatrol programming and some Mastercam generated EIA/ISO programs run on the Mazak (a 15 YO or so VQC20/40A). I didn't get enough enthusiastic response to inspire me to give it a go so I can't help you much. I do remember something in the discussion that left me witth the impression that English translation of the product may not be quite as extensive as everyone would like. I would still like to hear more about it, so if you could find the time to let us know how you go that would be much appreciated. There are quite a lot of Mazak users on this forum.

Slick,

Camaix is a German company that I think is a Mastercam reseller. They have written a Mastercam post processor that outputs in Mazatrol, Mazak's excellent conversational language that is so good it has changed little since introduction 20+ years ago. It would be a great idea for a shop sending Mastercam files to experienced Mazatrol operators as Mazatrol is far,far quicker and easier to edit than EIA/ISO (G-code).

Cheerio, Hugh

Russ,

My experience with Mazak goes back to 1983 with the M2 & T1 controls; Given the fact that your company has 21 of these machines causes me to think that Mazatrol is the primary programming method at your shop; Eia/Iso coding is likely a secondary consideration requiring surfacing capabilities.

Mastercam without a doubt is the defacto standard that we use as a means to get the job done-this comes to you from a hard-core Mazatrol user.

I am the Canadian distributor for Mazatalk and Mazaprint as developed by a service technician geek much like myself – I only sold three copies since purchasing the rights ten years ago; Griffo Bros is along the same lines and very much worth consideration.

I bought the rights so I could upload and download to a personal computer; this was when Mazak had the tape drive system for high speed program saves which sort of predates the microdisk system as well.

Undeniably, Camaix is the work of a professional and holds its own expertise in this argument; I find 5K all little pricey for all nine yards yet I do not deny the developmental costs for these features.

The bottom line for me is this.

Use the Mazaks as you have and they will serve your needs very well.

Use the Mastercam for its strength and capabilities in surfacing which is why I believe you bought this in the first place.

Mazatrol in itself is a very powerful program for those with the invested years of knowledge based learning; for users without Mazaks - Mastercam fills this void and then some.

I only wish that Mastercam was more prevalent in 1983, otherwise I would never have become so ingrained with Mazatrol in the first place and perhaps a little more universal to any and all machines; please do not get me wrong, I have probably worked fourteen machines that are not Mazaks in my mottled career as a cnc set-up machinist and tool maker.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack