Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The New guy

poconnor

Hello All,

I'm new to the message board and very new to MasterCam. I have been programming and operating a CNC router for about 5 years using Anvil to create toolpaths. We have just purchased a new Accu-router with an 8-station tool changer(old machine had manual toolchanges). I am interested in any help anyone would have on Accu-routers and in implementing MasterCam. This is all very new to me and any help would be greatly appreciated. My new machine will arrive March 3rd and the old machine leaves on the same day, so I have limited time to make the transition.

po'[email protected]

Welcome aboard! cheers.gif

Now, the first thing that you will need is a post processor. Did your dealer (Mastercam reseller) set you up with one for your new router? Its possible that there is one on the Mastercam CD, but this is the first thing that you want to ask your reseller about.

hello po

welcome to the forum. You will recieve plenty of help in this forum. this is THE MasterCam place to be! Stick around and yoou will be helping others in notime at all. Thatis of course what we're all about

-KLG

Note to all potential posters.... Poconnnors first post (this one) is a perfect example of how to post here. especially a first post. Webby add this to the FAQ

Thanks for the prompt response guys! I already have a post from the guys who sold us the machine. They have proven it will work. They are going to be here for a week to help implement everything. But since this machine is our company's life-blood I'm just preparing a network of resources to find help, for when they leave. You know Murphy's Law...everything will work fine until they leave and I'm left to do things on my own. (I'm not knocking the crew at Accu-router by the way, they have been superb so far with their customer service)