Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post for Mazatrol M-32

Smit

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a Mazatrol M-32 communicating with my DNC program. Does anyone know if the post that comes with Mastercam 9 (MazakM.pst) provides a good starting point to start modifications. What I'm most interested in right now is having a program that will load correctly. After I get this done I will worry about customizing a post.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Smit

I can't remember if I used one from the V8 CD or V9 CD... But either way the ones on the CD work pretty good as is. Hardly any changes were needed. The only necessary change was turning the rotary table axis off (if you dont have a rotary table).

I use the same post for M32, MPlus and 640 Fusion.

Smit,

It took a long time many years ago to set the parameters on the M32.

Estimate 16~20 hours - because I just would not give up. smile.gif

I use Easytalk 2.11? for dnc drip feeding through the tape port which is wired as a null modem cable directly to the pc.

If you like I can email the parameter settings - this might take a while since I will need to verify and type each one out for you.

The trick is to write and transmit a small program IE: six or seven lines.

N005 G00 G90

N010 M06 T01

N015 G54 X0 Y0

N020 G43 H01 X-1.0 Y-1.0 Z2.0 S2000 M03 M08

N025 G01 X0 F.03

N030 G00 G49 Z2.0 M09

N035 G91 G28 XYZ

N040 M02

%

Let me know.

Regards, Jack

[ 03-03-2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Thanks for the info Jack. I'm using FocalPoint 4.0.8 for a DNC program, I think the older versions were called Easytalk. I have a small EIA program in the control, consisting of three lines. It's the program we use on all of our machines to request a remote transfer of programs. So far I'm getting jibberish from the control to the computer. I think that's good...at least it's sending something! A problem I have is that I'm totally unfamiliar with the control. Unlike most of the other controls we have there appear to be few similarities with Fanuc compatible controls. Of course any and all offered help is appreciated. I do intend to call our Mazak technician and then the FocalPoint technician today and get their input on this problem. I've been instructed to have this machine fully operational by the end of the day today, so time is growing rather short.

Smit