Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

autodesk flavors/parameters

kkominiarek

Ken,

quote:

I'm converting dwg files and they are not converting cleanly. (ie:lines are not meeting at intersections etc...)

Try this very basic example when using Acad and other cad program.

Draw a rectangle on layer#0 export this as sat, dwg, and iges.

You will notice that everything comes in clean and proper.

Draw the same again and include two dimensions – export again.

Then draw again using a different layer for the dimensions.

Try Mtext and Dtext as well – these always cause problems.

I believe the problem for this situation was created by the cad operator. These methods will work, they will also increase your knowledge of file types and translations; I always try different things using very crude or basic examples to plant the seeds and to build upon a foundation.

I do not want Mastercam to change features or autostitch a poor drawing - I want to make this judgement call myself.

Regards, Jack

Ken,

Are the files in CAD drawn corretly? Do you have multiple entities on top of another? Do the intersecting corners touch in AutoCAD? Are they polylines? I've have had some problems with plines in CAD converted to MC. We use AutoCAD to MC and SolidWorks to MC all the time. Mainly DWG to MC though.

Do you want to share a DWG file you are having probs with so I could check it out? cheers.gif

Brent