Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

measuring between 2 points

cherokeechief79

how do i do this in mc?

i just want to click say the midpoint of one line and any other entity and get the distance beween them.

is there a function called measure or something like this that im missing?

bear with me with these stupid questions.

ive been working with mc as much as time has allowed in the past week and i think im doin pretty good.

ive come across some things that i really like!

Ya this is possible,

Analyze, between points, then pick,,,center, endpoint, midpoint and so on. Pick your two points and the data is at the bottom left of the screen. Analyze is the feature you want to use from the main screen.

HTH

[ 03-19-2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Toolfab ]

cherokeechief and Fusion,

There are also great items for finding info while in the middle of creating geometry or modifying it. They are known as Data Entry Shortcuts, or DES for short. These letters appear below the input field in the prompt area for many functions in Mcam. You will also find the DES by right-clicking in any "value" field in an operation or dialog box. There is one specific DES called "Distance between two points" which is selected by choosing the letter "S" in the list. HTH cheers.gif

quote:

bear with me with these stupid questions.

ive been working with mc as much as time has allowed in the past week and i think im doin pretty good.

ive come across some things that i really like!

The questions you're asking are not stupid. Some of the statements and insinuations you ma... um, never mind. biggrin.gif

It's good that you're starting to see some things you like. Trust me, there's LOTS of them!! I'm still finding things I like, (and sometimes, but not often, dislike). Plus they're always adding features we ask for.

cheers.gif

'Rekd teh Civilized