Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

agievision problems

Jake Johnson

We have Agie machines here. Newer machines with Agievision control as well as older machines with Agiematic control. So far we have only been using the .ISO files for Agievision but we plan to begin using the script files as well (.SBR, .SBL). I'll post my experiences.

We bought an AGIE challenge EDM Wire, so far we meet a lot of difficult to use Mcam Wire (9 sp 2) + postprocessor AGIEVISION. We are interested especially in no core wirepaths. Any suggestions on postprocessor Agievo tweaking appreciated.

Bye

• 4 weeks later...

We bought an AGIE Classic in Feb 2000. Since we were already versed in MC, we decided to get the wire module and go to school for it. We worked on it for nearly 8 months and never got a single post to work for our machine. Spent dozens of hours talking to tech support and the post creator. Although we never pushed the issue, we never got a refund for the wire module either.

During the time trying to get MC Wire to function, we developed a way to generate an iso file in another cad program and get the job done by programming it at the AGIE control.

We then got PEPS and the first post worked.

My summary is as of mid-2002: I believe the MC software will probably work on other wire machines, but their post for AGIE simply doesn't.

Yojohn

Not to hijack the topic, but I had an experience about 8 years ago or so. Bought an Agie Sprint 20. Nothing but problems with the control and Agie didnt get it fixed so we wound up returning the Agie. Maybe alot has changed since then, but those were the mos God Awful Controls. Dummy Moves, Metric w/out decimals yuk. I asked why the horible .iso format and the explaination I was given was that Agie wanted to maintain backwards compatability with the early (circa '60s) machines. That sounded nuts to me but whatever.

It sounds as though the Agie Controls are still a PITA.

We are using MC Wire with Charmilles and I have recently been rewriting our posts as they never were perfect for our particular control model.

I am now able to take advantage of the auto tabs and reverse skims with power regester calls in teh .iso. Makes for much faster print to part time. Its a shame you couldnt (cant) get the post thing worked out your probably missing out on some good functionality.

What have your resellers told you about getting a solid post worked out ?

• 2 years later...

i have developed a post for agie mcam but i use mastercam mill to achieve it and not wire

and ofcource i cant repeat g01 or g02 in the repeat lines any one can guide me how to bring g01 or g02 repeat in all block irrespective to either presence of same in the previous block

also my post will work only in 2d and for 3 d i need a post

with regards

Mukundan Kris

http://geocities.com/kmukundank

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

>and ofcource i cant repeat g01 or g02 in the repeat lines any one can guide me how to bring g01 or g02 repeat in all block irrespective to either presence of same in the previous block

The proper way is to make gcode nonmodal. In most modern posts there is already a format with a comment "Integer, forced output". Might look something like this:

fs2 16 1 0 1 0n #Integer, forced output

Then you just add this line anywhere:

fmt 16 gcode

(Just to be sure, add 3 spaces between fmt and 16, the forum doesn't show them...)

Actual gcode output is handled by a string select, so that format only affects modality.

There are Agievision posts available for Mastercam 9 Wire, ask your dealer. Mill is suitable only for very limited Wire posting.

While on the subject of Agie on Mastercam 9 Wire, does anyone know what these "S" and "T" registers actually mean? I'm trying to tailor a post for a customer and I don't have a complete Agievision manual...

N002 D01 S00 T00 Q+034336 G43

S REGISTER TOO LOW

T REGISTER TOO LOW

(Although that is Agiematic, not Agievision...)

[ 12-09-2005, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Niilo Paasivirta ]

I hope McX wire has a better solution for Agievision, otherwise we will have to look at other systems. The new Tebis for wire looks really nice. I like Mastercam a lot for other machines but we will soon get our second Agie and we have to have something that really works.

All,

Programming an AGIE is “unique” when compared to most other wire EDMs.

That said we have many customer worldwide successfully doing so on Agiematic & Agievision controls.

Using v9.?, for the Agiematic the post is the MPWAGIE (which creates an GEO file) and for the Agievison the MPWAGEVO.PST which creates the ISO & SBL files. In addition, with the MPWAGEVO as the active post processor you will see AgieVision buttons (on the Wire parameters tab page). The primary one is the one just to the right of the Origins/WVS button. You must be using this to get good results for the AgieVison controlled machines. You will also want to refer to the Agie specific help file in the mcam v9 hereChooks folder ->

Agie9.hlp (just double click on it)

Agie9reg.hlp

AgiePiece.Doc

Agie change at point.doc

If you are still experiencing issues, please supply sample files with an explanation of the issue(s) and send that to [email protected].

Subject: NoCore wirepaths for Agie.

In your PST file, look for these settings ->

# --------------------------------------------

# Special no-core wirepath perpendicular lead in/out option

# --------------------------------------------

4003. Force perpendicular lead in/out on no-core rough pass? n

4004. Percentage of wire diameter to be used in perpendicular lead in/out move? 10.0

# --------------------------

# No-core finish pass option

# ---------------------------

4006. No Core 'Add finish contour operations' option creates each finish operation after each pocket(n=no, y=yes, e=edit op)? n

In the MWAGIE.PST 4003 and 4006 are set as shown above.

In the MPWAGEVO.PST 4003 = ‘y’ and 4006 = ‘e’ should be the settings.

You can set the MPWAGIE.PST with the 4003 = ‘y’ and 4006 = ‘e’ settings.

Subject: ‘S’ and ‘T’ registers on non-AgieVision controllers.

S = Flushing and wire paramters register

T = Generator parameters register

D = Offset register

P = Angle register

Depending on the age of the Agie:

S must be 1 – 99

T must be 1 – 99

D has a range of 1-99 (but D00 can be output to the machine ‘D00’ = 0)

P has a range of 1-99 (but P00 can be output to the machine ‘P00’ = 0)

On the older machines (eg. CNC 100)

D -> 01-16

P -> 01-16

T -> 01-02

And there was no programmable ‘S’ register.