Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new feedrates

Jeremiah

O.k. hopefully this has happened to someone somewhere. One of my guys just finished programming a part. It goes to the floor and after several hours the setup guy needs a tweak made. We fix what he wanted then re-post the file. All of a sudden there are additional copious feedrate call outs. As shown below:

G1 X1.3 F175.

G3 X1.3 Y-1.0333 J1.0333 F.01

G1 X-73.6209 F175.

G2 X-73.6209 Y1.0333 J1.0333 F.01

G1 X1.3 F175.

G3 X1.3 Y3.0999 J1.0333 F.01

G1 X-75.1209 F175.

This is part of a faceing operation with high speed loops. The first time it was posted it was all one feedrate.

My quesstion is what could have caused this? I was able to salvage the old file and all was hunky dory. confused.gif

Thanks for you help in advance.

Jeremiah

[ 04-03-2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Jeremiah ]

Rekd teh X-Oregonean-

How could you move from such a beautifull place? Where were you from ?

Simon- My inintial trouble shooting started with the feedrate between loops, but it wasn't doing anything when the previously mentioned (adjust feed on arc move) is turned on.

Thanks again for the replies

Jeremiah

I lived in Drain, Elkton, and Yoncalla. All between Eugene and Roseburg on or near I5. I was young and didn't have a choice. Moved to SD while I was in high school. I truely love it there. The people are great, awsome roads for motorcycles (when they're not wet), the hunting and hiking, and just a great place in general. I'll probably end up back there when my boy is a bit older. I don't really cherrish the thought of him going to school here in Southern Hellifornia.

'Rekd teh Still Wet from Oregon

Not to take MY thread back or anything, but I ride an XR600. I often times put the dual sport kit on and ride the roads, but mostly its for slinging mud on my buddies. We just moved to a new area and I have been working on trails for the past 2 months. This Saturday I am hosting a Poker Run and expect 35-40 riders. Could these week drag on any longer ??? Where in the west are you CMR ?

Jeremiah

This is becoming a O/T now. Jerimiah, where are you hosting this poker run? I live in Yamhill and ride the trask out my back yard. I've lived here all my life and rode the coast range for many years in my youth. Now my kids are riding and I finally broke down and bought a XR 400. now I can go break a leg or?

Hrm, Ducs and F2's... You're 38ish?

Where do you race? What class(es), etc? Ever ride Willow or Seca? Vegas has a good track too.

I used to drag race an old F2, fun little bike. Also on my (now wife's) GSXR750. (I'll dig up some picts if I can find them).

Now I have a '97 Suzuki TL1000 V-twin. The torque's awsome, especially considering I weigh next to nuthin. eek.gif

All political bs aside, if you're ever in SD and want a fun ride up Palomar Mtn or thru the Lagunas, lemme know and we'll go drag some knees... cool.gif

'Rekd teh "I'll prolly be playin catch-up."

Ducatis are OK ifn you don't put a lot of miles on 'em. The maintenance can get real expensive, though. Especially for the demoquattro motors.

Personally, I think that Triumph makes some of the best all-around street bikes. My '99 Sprint ST went 105,000 miles, and I'm hoping to get at least that much out of the '02 Speed Triple that replaced it.

Sounds like we need to create a "sub-forum"

"Mcam Users and their Motorcycles"!

It's interesting that machinists gravitate towards motorbikes. I like my Ducati because of it's interesting engineering and it gives me something to tinker with, sometimes a little too much though. Your absolutly correct Rick!

Rekd,

My "home track" is Portland International Raceway. My main class is Open Classic Superbike. I also ride at Spokane alot, and sometimes Seattle. Never been down to Willow, but would love to ride the thing. Watched a bunch of races at Laguna.

I'll certainly take you up on your offer for some good riding in SD. Likewise if you ever return to the Portland area. Yeah, it's good to lay all the political crap aside and realize how much alike we all are.

cheers.gif

quote:

I have seen Rekd ride UP a street on one wheel

Those days are all but gone. It was fun while I was invincible, but I don't think that's the case any more, (or ever was, though I used to ride like it was..) eek.gif

Since Dec 11 I've made several changes in my life, including the fleeting consideration of selling my bike. (Yeah, that's gonna happen..) rolleyes.gif

I've even tried to get my wife to sell her bike. You can imagin how well that went over... "Honey, I think it's time for you to stop riding now that we've got the baby and all...."

*SMACK*

After I woke up I realized she was probably not very open to this discussion just yet... and when the swelling goes down maybe Il'l try again.

'Rekd teh "Middle of next week"

[ 04-03-2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

quote:

Likewise if you ever return to the Portland area.

My sis lives in Buckley, Wa, just the other side of the state line. Mayhaps on the next trip up I'll toss the bikes in the back of the toybox and take em with me.

'Rekd teh "Where'd the rest of my foot peg go?"