Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

big plus, dual contact holders

We have used them and they seem to be working as intended. I would consider them to be of very good quality. My main complaint is that they do not offer more size and length choices in the CAT 40 size. We use quite a few 6" to 9" long holders and were hoping to take advantage of the Big Plus rigidity. It would be nice to have more "off the shelf" choices.

Used some in a Robodrill also. A cut that screams and howls with a standard holder cuts like butter with the big plus. Will try to get some at the new place. :D

I have and the Robo will surprise you. :)

Just need to program correctly for them. Light cuts fast feed. My old boss could not seem to grasp this. Always gave me cuts from the 40 taper machines which would scream and howl.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many other solutions to the Kaiser "Big Plus", Nikken 3-lock being one. All of them are great stuff....tho a bit spendy. Best thing to do is go with big-plus (or whatever ) on things like milling chucks, face mill holders, ect & the regular holders for things like drills.

We got a bunch of 3-lock CAT-50 holders....talk about rigid...