Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ancient Technology - way O/T

Nominal

This afternoon I started working on a part. It's an Avco Lycoming "fuel control drive liner". So I'm drawing this thing up in MC from the original B/P's and I happened to look at the change box, when I noticed that the last time the drawing changed was Jan,15th 1968. So I look to see when it was originally drawn - June,21st 1957! The changes from 57-68 had no effect on the geometry. Now that must be one helluva design to last 46 years. Just thought I'd share that with the gang.

cheers.gif

Nominal:

I sometimes work on drawings for the company that I work for previously. They are hand drawn and most date back to 1973. They are still making the same parts and still selling them. If you have a good design, stick with it.

The oldest part I made (I think) was a sheetmetal welded assy from a Raytheon print with a 1956 date on it, it was at rev AR (54 revisions, wow) and had been hacked so badly during revisions that some features were located in completely different areas of the part (when looking at the dimensions) than where they were shown eek.gif

Gotta love those old prints

C

For the last 6 months, we have been making new patterns (25 or so) for a company that had their wood patterns burned in a foundry fire last summer. Most of the prints are from the late 40's or early 50's. But surprisingly the info is for the most part all there.

Lynn