Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Coolant

Tony35

anybody lose all there coolant settings when updating the tools?

i did the update folder (just tools) to X5 and i use "get coolant settings from tool" and all my tools the coolant is off :angry: this is not as easy as select all and turn the coolant on i use air on some TSC on others

any ideas? or am i going to spend the rest of the week turning on coolant

TIA for any help

Same thing happen to me I am using mpmaster and now none of my coolant codes work.worse part is i would turn them back on in the tool edit and they would not stick so i had to change the machine def to support older tools.And then it would stick when i edited the tool.

dont tell me they got the coolant screwed up again we just got it fixed

i tried to edit the coolant and yes it would not stick

i just hope its something on my end that i didnt do right in this whole update process

jparis

how do you have coolant setup, X style? get coolant from tool? etc

No I don't use X style coolant at all, only V9. I don't need the extra headache with another system tied into the canned text system

All my tools have coolant saved in them, then I set use tools step, peck and coolant.

Just tested in a couple of ops too, coolant is on on tool and when creating ops it does turn on when I select a tool out my library

that could be why you are not seeing this then. i have X style set for all different M codes set for each machine so when i pick it, it is set to the correct M code for whatever machine def i have open. this worked in X4

anybody else getting this or is it just us advanced users :p

OK, I went into X4, setup a machine def and library for X style coolant.

I pulled everything into X5 using "Update Folder" and yes, ALL of the X style coolant settings are gone.

So I copied the tool library into X5 and opened it as a .tools without updating and all the X style settings are gone.

So as near as I can tell, simply opening it in X5 wipes out X style settings, it seems to me the only way around at this point may be to redo the settings. :(

OK, I went into X4, setup a machine def and library for X style coolant.I pulled everything into X5 using "Update Folder" and yes, ALL of the X style coolant settings are gone.So I copied the tool library into X5 and opened it as a .tools without updating and all the X style settings are gone.So as near as I can tell, simply opening it in X5 wipes out X style settings, it seems to me the only way around at this point may be to redo the settings. :(

John

what do you mean by re-doing the settings i cant get them to stick

John

what do you mean by re-doing the settings i cant get them to stick

You're right Tony, had I gone the next step and tried it, I would have found like you have it does not save any X style coolant settings either.

:(

John

this sounds more like a MC thing vs a MPMASTER thing

could the post have any effect on this?

Yup on an MC thing

I don't believe the post has any affect, those settings are stored in the tool library, which has AFAIK, no link to the post.

I am seeing this on a Generic Haas post, so no MPMaster relation here.

Yup on an MC thingI don't believe the post has any affect, those settings are stored in the tool library, which has AFAIK, no link to the post.I am seeing this on a Generic Haas post, so no MPMaster relation here.

thats what i thought, but you never know

thanks for the input and duplicating this problem John :)

has anybody sent CNC anything on this yet?