Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Laptop suggestions

left coast lefty

I was considering getting a cheap laptop for editing relatively simple programs at the machine, to reduce trips to the programming room way in the back of the building.

Maybe an ASUS i5. I heard here to beware of the onboard Intel graphics. Can someone enlighten me? I realize a $2000 unit with nice Nvidia graphics would be ideal, but I'm on a budget, maybe $800 or so max. I'm talking mostly programs under 1 meg.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe an ASUS i5. I heard here to beware of the onboard Intel graphics

Stay far far away from onboard Intel graphics

You can pick up a Win7x64 ASUS with an NVIDA GeForce gaming card from BestBuy for from

$500 to $1000 depending on proccessor and graphics chipset

They work fine for light duty Mastercam work

Thanks, guys, I'll check it out. I had sworn off Dell after a couple of crappy desktops, so I'm a bit skeptical.

ya i would say that is true with alot of their models but what i have read and heard from fellow dell mobile workstation users is that they are spot on.

i'm pretty happy so far but have't pushed it too hard yet. Overall a stable system so far