Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x5 config file reset at launch of mastercam

Millertime

Hey guys Im running mastercam x5 and I tweaked the stock config file.When I restart my cp and launch mastercam It gives me an error (Due to changes in the configuration format the following config file cannot be read c\documents and settings\my mcamx5\config\mcamx.config)

Any ideas what i am doing wrong

• 7 months later...

The same thing just happened to me, same error. running X5 MU1

I have a question for you gcode...any ides why this happened?

I'd like to avoid this happening again. I do know that I am going to save a backup file, mine got over written as I started up mastercam this morning... :(

Thanks in advance.

I just recieved the Quarterly Newsletter for maintenance customers.

It says this is caused by opening 2 instances of Mastercam too quickly.

ie.. clicking the desktop icon.. then clicking it again while the first instance is still launching

or a slow doubleclick..

That makes sense.. our server was having issues that day. I double clicked the MX5 icon on my desktop and nothing happened. I waited a while, (at least 30 to 40 seconds) double clicked again and about five min later (grrr!! :angry: ) the warning of double instance came up. I clicked on "no" for running multipal instances, but I guess the damage was already done.

Thank you! I'll be sure from now on to wait at least 5 min. before trying to open again. (or at least checking my task manager before trying again)

This sounds kinda like a bug no? Any idea if anyone is going to address this issue?

Thanks again!!

Wow, they got rid of the cheers emoticon? I haven't been on the forum in a while.