Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool settings

Scottdyna

Under the operations manager when you open the tool settings there is a couple of settings that where always checked on X4 but now on X5 they aren't. Is there a way to save your settings in there. I want to have it always number tools sequentially and I would also loike it to always use Program #1 as a default. Right now the default program # is always 0. Also in X4 when I would do a contour toolpath and set my speeds and feeds the next time I picked a contour toolpath it would use the same speeds and feeds and tool I used last time. Now in X5 it picks any random other endmill in the current tool list and reverts the speeds and feeds back to default values. Is there a setting to change this also? Still new to getting this thing configured how I want. Thank you for any help. Its very apreciated! :)

Ok I did what they said and unlocked the feeds and speeds and this still does not fix the problem. I still have to reset the speeds and feeds every time i start a new operation. Every thing else is fixed though thanks Keith and Kay! B)

Ive been battling this issue as well. Not only does it change your speeds and feeds, but z depths for multi depth cuts and step over for multi passes as well. Be careful and pay attention. Hopefully this will be repaired in the upcoming MU.