Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Good Old V9

Thee Cutterman

Hi everyone

Well my work P/C has finally had its day and given up on me. The amount of hours it had spent logged into this forum over the past 6 years has taken its toll :lol: . Ive been promised the MC upgrade in the next financial year :rolleyes: but the problem i have now is that i still have to run V9 for the next 6 months. :angry:

My question is..... Did anyone ever have any luck running V9 on Vista or has anyone tried to get it run on Windows 7. The IT guy at work says that it should run on windows7 but i find that a bit hard to believe :D Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:old forum cheers: cheers_thumb_s.jpg

Daz

.I think the problem was with running on an x64 system..

Thats what i kind of remember reading on here also. I cannot find the thread that i read but im sure a few tried a lot of different ways with no luck. :(

Edit: Im trying this first thing Monday and i will see how i go.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Have a good weekend everyone

:cheers: Daz

V9 if you get it to run on a 32 bit system, Windows 7 it does NOT run well, even in compatability mode.

V9 will NOT run with a HASP at all on a x64 bit system, if you have a Nethasp it will start but suffer the same issues as mentioned above.

There have been people who "claim" they have V9 running on a x64 bit system on this forum but not one has ever posted how they did it, so as far as I am concerned, not sure I believe them. If you did why are you afraid to tell others how.

I have only seen Cracks of V9 that will work on a 64 bit system and they are sketchy at best....I have run into a few ppl whom have gotten a disk from a friend of a friend and then they ask me to fix their laptop and I just say they're not supposed to work together...cant help ya sorry.

I did run into an HP with Vista on it with a legit copy of Mastercam but owner ended up wiping Vista and reloading the whole machine with XP :(

Your best best is to get them to build you an XP machine.

Or buy a nice Win7 machine with a big hard drive and

and make it dual boot to XP for your V9 install

V9 can be made to run on Win7 but the graphics is horrible.

We have a nethasp here and V9 installed and launched with no trouble at all,

but the graphics are so bad its not functional.

I just keep it on my machine in case I have to open the occasiona V7 file.

If you did why are you afraid to tell others how.

Pirates usually won't reveal much. :rolleyes::p

Or buy a nice Win7 machine with a big hard drive and

and make it dual boot to XP for your V9 install

This seems like a good solution to me. :D

Later if you upgrade to a newer version of X you can just delete the partition and have more storage space. ;)

Good luck Daz! :)

I saw it on a Win7 box at a shop I was touring. Not sure if it was 64. When I asked about it the guy showed me this:

Right click the V9 icon

Properties

Checked Run in 256 colors

Apply

It seemed to work ok. Pirates? I don't know. I'm not as savy as many of you with this kind of stuff.

Pirates? I don't know. I'm not as savy as many of you with this kind of stuff.

That term was only a jab at the many 'cracked' (translation: illegal) copies of MC out there. ;)

That's why I gave it a :p

Sometimes ppl come here for help and it becomes pretty apparent that they are running an illegal copy. :o

Cutterman is a solid bloke who's been around here forever, and it certainly wasn't directed at him! B)

I have a 64 bit windows 7 system and run ver 9 just fine, no special settings, can run x5 and 9 at the same time no problem. I also did the same when I had vista. I also run both on a 5 year old laptop with onboard video running windows 7, no special settings. I have been using Mastercam since 1991 when I had a screaming 386 20 with a math coprocessor and a 20meg hard drive and cost $3000.

You can run ver 9 on any new off the shelf system and it will run just fine, no special video card or settings.

I have a 64 bit windows 7 system and run ver 9 just fine, no special settings, can run x5 and 9 at the same time no problem. I also did the same when I had vista. I also run both on a 5 year old laptop with onboard video running windows 7, no special settings. I have been using Mastercam since 1991 when I had a screaming 386 20 with a math coprocessor and a 20meg hard drive and cost $3000.

Are you running a nethasp or a usb??

USB.

Nobody I know has been able to get V9 to see the USB HASP on a Win7x64 system.

I've often thought if you installed the X4 hasp drivers first, then installed V9, it might work,

but I've never bothered to try cause I haven't used V9 since 2005

what video card are you running..default settings, Win7x64 , V9 and a Quadro FX4800 suck.. but again

I've spent zero time trying to work it out..

USB.... But that should have nothing to do with how Mastercam runs once it is loaded and running.

Again, I've heard this but no one ever says what they change to make it run.

A default installation DOES NOT so what was done to get it to work?

Gday All

Well we have tried the lot and came up with this. V9 does not function well with anything windows have brought out after XP.

Windows7 - Windows XP mode is not worth the download.

So we built a really cool duel boot system with massive hard drive ( thanks gcode B) you talked me into it )

Thanks for all the replies guys.

cheers Daz