Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Manager - Active Report

MrFish

Hi All

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the target "active report" that is used when you right click in the tool manager to create a Tool list.

I would like to be able to use a report that is somewhere in between the basic and detailed one - basic too little info - detailed to much irrelevant info.

Don't want to have to run it from the Operations list as it takes to long on complex 3d/5 axis parts to read all the ops just to attain the tooling data.

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but this is what I do.

I have diferent profiles that I use for different machines and jobs depending on how complex they are.

When you open setup sheet through the Ops manager the dialog box comes up and at the bottom of the dialog there is a box with a profile in it. I click on it then hit F2 then I go and select the desired setup sheet that I need for the instance. I keep the default the one I use all the time so I don't have to do it every time, but the odd time I do this.

The other thing that comes to mind if that's not what your talking about. Go to the Settings tab > Configuration > Toolpath tab at the bottom of the list and then you should see in the bottom left, Setup Sheet program you can change it to what ever you want to use.

HTH

Hi greg

Not what i'm looking for, if I use the method you are talking about the default setup sheets have to read all the ops to attain the tool data which takes forever on complex 3d/5 axis parts with lots of operations.

Maybe it is possible to make one of these read the tool data from the Tool Manager ?

I created my own setup sheet template and made it my default.

The one out of the box default takes too long to create and has way too many pages and details.

Mine has the program location, comments, tool list and extra pictures if needed. That is my simple method that I use most of the time. It doens't seem to take near as long as the "original" default.

I don't do much multi-axis stuff just the odd impeller, so I haven't done much in way of a multi axis setup profile.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Good Luck. :)

Thanks for imput Greg.

I have stripped down one of the default setup sheets to be a basic tool list generater but it still takes a long time to generate the list due to having to read all the ops (flashes picture of each op toolpath on screen). If you generate it form the tool manager it doesn't seem to do this.

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any way to have an icon for the tool list, like X+. Now you need to open Tool manager, then right click, then Import/expoter and finally report.

Any quicker way?

There isn't a way that I am aware of. It is a good question and would be a great idea. If I have some spare time today I will look into it.

Brendan

You can display an icon that will create a setup sheet for you. I haven't looked into it very much, but you may or may not be able to utilise this for a tool list.

Settings->Customise->Category Section->Utilities:

There is an icon here for create setup sheet. You can drag this onto your desktop or set to appear in a right click menu.

Hope this helps,

Brendan