Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Maintenance Issue

PeterM

Here's a new one. I finally got one of the Lathe programmers to install X5, I have X5 mill, it works but I am waiting for a memory upgrade before I make the transition. This morning he gets an error saying that maintenance had expired, then mastercam Closes. He asks me to help, X4 will not start either, same error. It turns out that the Hasp utility start and end dates no longer say Unlimited, and earlier versions will not run.

Our reseller told us that this was new with X5. I got him going by reading an older hasp code which I had filed, but X5 still won't run till the boss pays the outstanding bill for maintenance. This could be a real game changer for us, I have to twist arms enough around here to get the owners to cough up the moola for maintenance as it is. Has anyone else out there come across this?

When your company issues a PO for maintenance,

CNC Software sends you temporary codes, usually

good for 30 days. Once the bill has been paid,

they send you permanent codes.

CNC Software invoices net 15 and they give usually give you 30 day temp codes

If the bill hasn't been paid, your only option

is to roll back your codes to last years code

and get your boss to pay the bill.

This is not new for X5, its been this way since

they started the maintenance program.

2 questions,

When did you install the temp maintenance codes

what was the expiration date on the codes BEFORE you installed

the temp codes.

If you've been running X5 and just recently installed temp maintenance codes

X5 should run if you roll back to those codes.

I think you've rolled back one set of codes too far.

Pete,

If you loaded an older code in the hasp utility with an expired maint date, then no you will not necessarily be able to run the latest version/s of the software. :mellow:

If you had an old enough code loaded that would say set your maint back to Jan 2005, you would only be running Mcam V9. :blink:

Here's the thing, I never installed the temporary codes. It seems a complete waste of time to me, as Mastercam runs on the old hasp codes and I will only need the new maintenance code when Mr1 or what evver needed to be installed. Also, I have never had All installed versions lock up on me before.

Peter

that almost has to be a set of temp codes...

Look at the codes running now

The End Date says Never

what does it say for Maintenance Expiration Date ?

Any software release issued BEFORE the Maintenance Expiration date will run forever.

and nothing issued after that date will run unless you renew maintenance..

If you'd PM me a screen shot of Help/About/HASP I'll see if I can figure out what's

going on