Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3 Day Basic Post Processor Training Class

Colin Gilchrist

Edit:

Official Dates: May 4-6th, 2011, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm

For those that asked, there will be two instructors from CNC Software. I'll be one of them, and the other will be Paul Decelles.

For our West Coast Mastercam users, we will be offering Post Processor training classes at Cimtech Inc., the Washington State Mastercam Reseller. Below is a description of the topics we will cover in the Basic Post class. Please contact the Cimtech Office for pricing. Class will run from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, with lunch provided.

This class covers basic aspects of post configuration, variable definitions, formatting, post lines, boolean operations, post text, modality, control definition, and more. Prerequisite: Users taking this class should understand Mastercam, G-Code programming, and have some knowledge of a higher level programming language including variable types, variable declaration, and boolean logic such as 'if', 'else', and 'while' statements. An understanding of Machine and Control Definition is also required.

Cimtech's Website:

www.MastercamNW.com

Thanks,

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I think there should be another pre-requisite for the Post Processor class... be willing and able to admit you @#$(*! up when the output isn't right. :D:p

• Like 1

Can anybody suggest an online or learn at your own pace style course which will cover these topics for people who can't attend this kind of course?

Pretty much your best resource will be this forum for learning at your own pace. There is some very outdated documentation around to get you started but the book, at least the version that I have, is not easy to navigate.

• Like 1
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

In C:\Program Files (x86)\mcamx5\documentation\MCAMX5_NCI_Parameter_Ref or in C:\mcamx5\documentation\MCAMX5_NCI_Parameter_Ref

Is the most up to date post processoor information available, though I still on occasion pull out my trusty V6 post processor book.

I've updated the first post in this thread.

Due to some scheduling conflicts, we are now considering the first week of May. This is not official yet, so I will update when the dates are finalized. Thank you.

For those that asked, there will be two instructors from CNC Software. I'll be one of them, and the other will probably be Paul Decelles.

Colin,

Any update on this? When you say first week of may, will it be on the same days? Wed - Fri?

Im trying to schedule the time with my boss so the sooner that I know the better. I have a hard time getting ANY time off. I had to cash in a month and a half of vacation time last year.. :(

Hi Dave,

We are still working on travel plans for everyone, but it is looking like the 2nd week has less conflicts for people that are flying in. It is looking like the 10th-12th of May might be the days. I should have confirmation today, and will update the thread.

Part of what we are trying to schedule is a Reseller meeting on Monday, before the training, for the Northwest Resellers.

Makinoman,

We usually hold the training at CNC Software once or twice per year. We would be happy to teach it more often if there is interest. Please sent a request to [email protected] and I'll see if we have a waiting/mailing list so we can keep you updated. Holding the Posts Training classes on the West Coast is a fairly new development.

Thanks,

The next Basic Post Training class in Tolland, CT will be in June. Currently it is scheduled for June 14-16 but the date may move a bit so it has not been posted yet. Our plan is to offer three classes per year here (Feb., June and Oct.) but the actual dates often vary due to scheduling conflicts (other classes, trade shows, reseller conference, etc...). We are also working on a plan to offer classes in other areas of the country (like we are doing In Seattle) when possible.